K-12 & Ungraded
North Bend, OR
Students enrolled: 1,600
After care: No

Posted April 15, 2015
I love our school. It has been so nice to work at our own pace. We have been able to get caught up where it has been needed and to excel in subjects that are interesting for my student. The staff is wonderful to work with and very personable. The get togethers and field trips are a great way to get to know the other parents and for the students to interact with each other. The school is always learning and growing, and all children have the same opportunity to learn with ORVA. I love the freedom with ORVA to be ourselves.

Posted February 05, 2015
Highschool teachers are fantastic!!!! Very supportive and, although it is hard, it is very worthwhile.

Posted January 23, 2015
The teachers are absolutely amazing in this program. They provide so much support and respond to any emails so quickly, I rarely need to send a follow up email. My favorite subject with ORVA is the history course, so amazing!

Posted January 22, 2015
Although, getting the hang of how to "teach" my kids, (I have one in 2nd, and a kindergartner), balance my life between my two other little ones, and everything else in life, this has been great for my family. The school itself is A-mazing! The teachers are so supportive and are easily reachable through e-mail or phone. I have never seen such commitment, and I never figured it could be achieved through a virtual stand point. ORVA has great resources in all areas of life, not just school, there are support groups for every kind of family background and environment. And the curriculum seems to be great and the lessons provided allow me to really make sure that my child understands each one before just "moving on". The teachers call every month to see how were doing. This has been the best decision even if it has been the most difficult thing I have ever done. ORVA also has created a great IEP and team for my son who also needs speech, as well as other academic assistance. ORVA should be acknowledged for its dedication to its achievements through student success and also its commitment to pushing the limits on academics in a virtual environment.

Posted January 21, 2015
My daughter has been with ORVA since her first day of Kindergarten and she not only loves her school and teachers, but she has excelled every day. The staff are amazing. The curriculum is better than our local schools and I am very happy with how hard she has come. She is now middle of her 2nd grade year and we will stay with ORVA as long as she is happy and excelling.

Posted January 21, 2015
The teachers are fantastic! The curriculum is outstanding! We love our flexibility in our schedule.

Oregon Virtual Academy 4

Posted January 21, 2015
My daughter was diagnosed with ADHD last year during the school year. We worked with the brick and mortar school to try and come up with an education plan that worked for her. After many meetings that got Us absolutely nowhere we decided that we needed a change. Oregon Virtual Academy has been a life saver. My daughter has a ton of support from the staff and the curriculum is amazing. We get to work at the pace that works for her, so alot less tears and heartache. When we started she was a little behind in math, but is now caught up and doing great. I am sure she will be in ORVA until she graduates school. I also decided to enroll my son who is in 8th grade. He needed some structure and some discipline. He tests higher then the average 8th grader, but he wasn't doing the school work, so hs was failing and the school wasn't trying to help with the situation. After a year at ORVA I believe he understands what will be expected of him in high school and he is going in with better study habits.

Posted January 21, 2015
We switched our daughter to ORVA from our local public school half way through her 2nd grade year and we couldn't be happier with our decision. She has been allowed to progress at a much faster pace than before. The support we get from her teachers and from the community/school is awesome. The supplies, which are sent completely free of charge, are phenomenal and way above that which brick and mortar schools provide. The online lessons and programs are great and allow for complete flexibility -- our daughter can do her school work anywhere we are. Overall it is the best school we have ever experienced and we couldn't be happier with our choice.

My son loves ORVA K12 and has been doing great work amd enjoys learning again

Posted January 21, 2015
My kids have been enrolled in ORVA for 2 years and it has been an incredible experience for our whole family. The teachers are great and really care for the students. The school has a lot of resources to help parents as we guide students through the program. There is also an awesome support network for parents on-line. My kids have become more confident in their abilities and I have loved being apart of their daily learning.

Oregon Virtual Academy
400 Virginia Avenue, Suite 210, North Bend, OR  97459
Last modified Oregon Virtual Academy is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oregon Virtual Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top