Oregon City, OR

St John The Apostle Catholic School 3

Posted June 09, 2011
After 3 years of having my daughter there and 1 year of my son going through Kindergarten, we decided to transfer out of the school. They have an excellent academic program and my kids are well above public school grade levels, however the school itself is lacking support for families. There is no nurse's office so a sick child has to wait in the hall on a wooden bench (infecting all passers-by). There is no school counselor. The bullying is uncontrolled for the one reason the teachers misslead the kids that are harmed into thinking they will be in trouble for tattling on the bullies, therefore reducing the victim child's self esteem. If your child has food allergies- SKIP this school! They will not regulate what your child eats! Also- they took my son and his class to Dairy Queen for popsicles after a field trip- giving them sugary desserts (which my son is allergic to!) WITHOUT a permission slip! Talk about sick child for a week after! The drama workshop is excellent! They have a great director each year and the plays are well worth seeing. Classrooms are over stuffed for the price you pay. Not much individualized focus.

St John The Apostle Catholic School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
All three of my boys went there! It's been a long time ago, but we still support the school and our parish which is St. John the Apostle. We loved our time at St. Johns and value the experience. The Catholic foundation is the best.

St John The Apostle Catholic School 4

Posted February 09, 2010
Imoved in from out of state and was made feel very welcome at this school and community. I have experience with other private schools and I know there is a year or two that the teacher/student combination might not work but I know enough to hang in there and move on with the schools whole cirriculum. Ihave a junior in HS that gratuated from St Johns with a very generous scholorship and I have 2 more still there. My kids love to go to school each day and I never have had a morning where they would perfer to stay at home rather that go to school. I get good value for my monatary investment. If you are thinking about this type of education for your child, dont take my word for it come in and visit, I am sure you will feel as welcome as we did.

St John The Apostle Catholic School 5

Posted July 22, 2009

St John The Apostle Catholic School 1

Posted October 03, 2008

St John The Apostle Catholic School 0

Posted August 05, 2008
SJA has small class sizes which I really like for my children. The school work was much more comprehensive and focused which was a major adjustment for my child. The teachers are pretty good and most seem to really care about the children. The environment is geared towards learning and success. The classrooms are organized and I really like the reading program. The public schools did not offer this reading program and it has made a huge difference with my child.

St John The Apostle Catholic School 5

Posted April 07, 2008

St John The Apostle Catholic School
516 5th Street, Oregon City, OR  97045
Last modified St John The Apostle Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St John The Apostle Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top