Bad
Good

Two years ago we moved to the area from a school district with very high ratings all around, and I have to say I prefer this school to the other. My son is much happier their too. He's a TAG (talented and gifted) student, and I found his teachers have been very good about giving him work tailored to challenge him. I really love the sense of community at this school. We have found the teachers and staff to be very respectful to both students and parents. They just seem to love what they do! Compared to the previous elementary school my sons attended- Carus focuses more on individual talents, interests and goals and less on memorizing answers just to score well on standardized state tests. I wish both of my sons could have attended a school like this from the very start of their education.

This is a great little school, in the Canby School District. It even houses a co-op preschool that both of my girls attended. We love the close knit feeling between families, teachers and staff. It really is like an extended family, every student is important and valued.

Last modified Carus School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.