Bad
Good

My son is constantly bullied and the staff does nothing about prevention until we threaten with law enforcement. Beware!

JM has wonderful parent support. All the teachers are really care about their students.

I have two children at John McLoughlin and I feel fortunate they are at this school. They are both thriving. They have the best teachers. I love the Be Safe, Respectful and Responsible mode of teaching students how to behave and how to get along. Parents are great in this community. They want their kids to do well at school.

John McLoughlin Elementary School is fabulous. The princpal and teaching staff are exceptional. Even with high class sizes this school scores the highest in the Oregon City District and is way ahead of the state in student achievement. The teachers work hard to teach students how to be safe, respectful and responsible. Some students who struggle have parents who are not involved or don't believe their children can make mistakes. They hover instead of helping. My hat goes off to the staff and principal for working as hard as they do for our children. I am very happy my kids go to JM!

John McLoughlin is blessed to have a strong principal, exceptional staff members and an amazing parent support group/volunteer base. This is one of the more affluent OC schools as home owners are predominant vs. renters. I feel the staff takes extra care of the children and we have little to no bullying, etc. - which tells you a lot about the environment. I am blessed my child has attended JM since the beginning and feel that the foundation JM has provided will create a fine person in society some day.

I think this school does a great job of trying various ways to teach our children. I think the parent participation is very high and the school does everything possible to encourage that.

There are some good teachers here. However, if you happen to get one that is not; you have no recourse. The class sizes are ~25-28 students per teacher, and parent involvement is above average here. It is located in a wonderful neighborhood. The school has easy access for the neighborhood. Parents are encouraged to volunteer.

My child has attended this school through her entire schooling. There have been a vew very inspiring teachers I have to say. But much to my regret the school does put the kids aside in the IEP. The IEP needs to be communicated to the teachers! I had to beg for testing in which finally they agreed. That was way too late and we lost a lot of time. The school is very full and near capacity. The open concept classrooms lacks order and quiet time that each classroom deserves but never gets. Some of the classrooms are just a mess with things sitting everywhere a lot of clutter. There is a lot of self centered children and parents. One good thing they are trying to teach the kids to respect eachother and it has come a log way. The music program is excellent.

Formerly our son attended at John Mcloughlin Elementary it was not much of a success this school has a lack of organization their in their programs the children are chaotic spoiled & are lacking of manners. In the main classrooms they focus on children who excell and the others who have any learning difficulties are put aside in IEP or other programs for the learning challenged only to be shuffled out of a normal learning or social events and left behind showing fully by his grades and the environment our son had recieved a poor education with a 1.5 grade average when attending JME he was failing in many areas due the the lack of proper teaching recieved. Thankfuly he has Changed Schools and found a Wonderful Teacher, he is doing so great with a 3.75 grade average shows their teaching skills are Above and Beyond the attempt of McLoughlin Elementary.

Last modified John Mcloughlin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.