Bad
Good

This is a great school. I am very impressed with the staff, students, and general atmosphere of the school.

I currently have 2 children attending this school. If you re a parent that is involved in your child s academics this is a great school for you and your child. I have attended several school events (yes I work full time too) and the children are all happy, health, and respectful. If I have questions, I email the teachers and they are very responsive. I also feel the Principle and Vice Principle are very approachable whenever I have had questions about anything that has concerned me. I just recently found out that Gardiner is the only school in the district that holds the children to good grades or no sports. Yes both my kids play sports. If they don t maintain a C average, then they don t participate. I am a little sad to say when they go off to Oregon City High School that will not be the case.

Wonderful school.We have had three kids attend Gardiner in the last twelve years.Each one of our kids had a great two years.

This school failed my child in many ways when he was in need of extra help during the class and raised his hand for the teacher to explain it in a different way all he got was "I don't have time to explain it in a another way there are others that need to go on, if you don't get it I'm sorry you'll just have to try harder" Even though I brought this to there attention that this was not good teaching skills all they said was maybe he just is not trying hard enough. So my son stopped trying to get help and they failed him and they were going to put him back in the 7th grade. That's when I chose to start home school where he can get the extra help if he needs it and he is doing very well now. and buy the way through this virtual school he is in the 8th grade.

The worst school my child has ever attended. The teachers do not care about bullying or having any concern for your childs grades. If they miss a day of school it is impossible for them to get the work they missed. The counselors are notbetter and the principal doesn't seem to care as well. If you can choose another school if you want to see your child succeed. I did and it has been the best choice I made, my child went from getting C's and D's to A's and B's.

This school has been one of the best experiences for all of my daughters to prepare them both for high school and 'real life.' The teachers with whom I have had contact and the principal are all dedicated to the well-being of the children they teach. Their interest extends beyond the average teacher-student process but instead recognizes the multiple components that go into the transition from middle to high school and works with parents and families to optimize the results. Excellent opportunities for students and parents to participate and learn.

Last modified Gardiner Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.