Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly agree

They did not treat my student fairly. He was singled out and secluded, given no tools to assist with sensory needs.

Principal plays the "I have a niece/nephew" card to try and relate to you as a parent... very difficult to work with. Must know it all! My student transitioned to this school with behavioral needs to be met. This was explained through meetings. The teacher was late to the meetings and left early - completely disregarding my concerns and chalking me up as a typical new parent. They refused to meet those needs until the second week of school, when my student was too disruptive, so they sent in a PCA. It then took them 6-7 MONTHS to notify Special Services to begin testing to construct and IEP and place my student into a program where they weren't dealing with meltdowns and over stimulation because my student was "only getting 5 min of work done a day" spending the rest of the class time secluded in a corner or laying on the floor. Due to a lack of playground supervision, my student ended up in multiple casts during the year as well. Horrible experience. We left that school.

The office staff and teachers are wonderful and helpful. The principal is very difficult to work with. It is very apparent that she does NOT like it if you don't agree with her ideas. There is a total lack of communication as to what is going on in class. The lack of homework is very troublesome. Without any homework it is very difficult to know how your child is doing and what they may be having problems with. Another concern with the lack of homework, is are the Redland children being prepared to move on to middle school or are they being left behind? I believe they are going to be left behind.

I love our school. We have had some changes over the past several years and in my opinion, it has greatly improved our school. We have had great teachers who have made an impact on all of our lives. They have been so wonderful that we still keep in touch. The office staff is friendly, but professional. I know that the safety of my children is their #1 concern. Our children are in great hands. The principal is great and has the children's best interests in mind when making decisions for our school. She has always been available to answer my questions and concerns. I love our school!!

I used to love this school! I volunteered all the time until there was a principal change. Then everything was changed. My kids went from loving school and wanting to be there to not wanting to go at all! And me not being a volunteer because I was too much help..? Poor teachers kept asking me back.. it became a military school. Recesses are regulated to where the kids have to pick a "station"and stick to it, they can't just run out their energy which causes behavior problems in class. Apparently the food has gotten "cheaper" than it was 2 years ago.. I didn't think that was possible since I myself had tried a couple of meals before. I have very strongly considered relocating to another school but the teachers and staff that I know are amazing and care about the kids. 5 stars for most of the staff. 1 star for the unnecessary changes made with the new overbearing principal.

After ten years of involvement at Redland, which have been very good overall. The last two years we've seen decline. We are considering other educational options.

I don't find the school satisfactory - the staff is mildly friendly at best and our experience with teachers are tolerable at best. With the boundary change we were moved in to a school very far away and with little to offer. Funding may be low but the teachers could take a better attitude about it. They seem cold and authoritarian towards the children and I don't see a nurture or inspiration to learn beyond the minimum testing limits they shove down the kids throats in a hurried and stressful fashion.

I attended Redland Elementary from 3rd-6th grade and had a wonderful experience. Now, as a 29 year old dad of two boys, I will do whatever it takes to ensure they attend this school.

Both of children attended Redland Elementary and loved it. It is in a great location. The staff is very friendly and made a point to learn each childs name. I work full time so was not able to be a "parent helper" but was always amazed at how many parents were able to help out. The Redland students entering Ogden Middle School excelled above all of the other elementary schools entering the school.

they need crossing gards and nicer staff who cares for the kids.

Last modified Redland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.