Portland, OR

Posted December 16, 2013
Coming from public school to Madeleine was a big positive change for our family. What an incredible community Madeleine is! The teacher and faculty support is incredible. The teachers are top notch educators. The school really stands behind it's values from compassion for others to academic excellence. My children speak positively of their learning experiences and I have observed a drastic improvement in their classwork. My 10 year old son states, "the teachers explain things so that I can easily understand". I love that the school emphasizes accountability and self-discipline and I feel they are being prepared for their life ahead in so many ways. I highly recommend this school.

Posted October 15, 2012
We are in our second year at the Madeleine and we love it! Parent/teacher involvement is incredibly high and the community feeling is fabulous.

Posted April 13, 2012
We have been at this school for two years and are very, very pleased with our daughter's experience so far. We are not Catholic and we definitely have a lower household income than many other Madeleine families, yet we feel a strong part of the community. Staff and parents alike live up to the Madeleine's motto, "all are welcome."

The Madeleine Elementary School 0

Posted October 14, 2009
Madeleine has been a great experience for our whole family. The community has been nothing but amazing and all the parents show a tremendous amount of involvement with their children's learning! Love the school.

The Madeleine Elementary School 0

Posted October 14, 2009
I love the Madeleine school because we have a great community that comes together to help our kids grow spiritually and academically. Growing the whole person should be our goal as parents and people.

Posted January 23, 2009
Easily one of the, if not the, best school around. Staff are excellent teachers and mentors with the kids as their top priority. It truly is a community where all are welcome. Regarding the comment about teachers being 'bullies' --- if you think being held accountable for your actions, your work ethic and your commitment to learning and the Madeleine community, then I guess you could call it whatever you want, I would call it a great academic and life learning experience.

Posted February 07, 2007
The Madeleine School is a wonderful place for children to learn. The entire staff is committed to a learning environment that is educational, fun, and organized. The principal is clearly in charge and as a parent I appreciate the excellent leadership she provides.

The Madeleine Elementary School 4

Posted October 25, 2006
Academics are focused but note they are specialized to each teacher. Some teachers are better project/student managers than others. Respect for your peers is high on the list and the school is filled with happy noise all the time. Mandatory volunteer hours are also helpful to keep everyone engaged and incorporated with the Madeleine community.

Posted May 02, 2006
Great school, happy kids, excellent parental involvement.

Posted December 20, 2005
We love the school and the Madeleine community as a whole. Not being Catholic, we were concerned about how and where we would fit in. We have found our place there with no problem. The parents clearly give all for their kids and it shows in the level of volunteer activity. The teachers are fabulous. The new principal has beautifully complemented the school and is providing great ledership. The school sets a high academic standard and have high expectations. We are blessed to send our kids to a school where all the parents are looking out for the best in all the kids. We have made great friends there. Check it out for yourself!

The Madeleine Elementary School
3240 Northeast 23rd Avenue, Portland, OR  97212
Last modified The Madeleine Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
The Madeleine Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top