9-12|Private

Bad
Good

I used to be the shyest girl in my class. here at Central, where I am a sophomore, I have somewhere where I really belong. I came out of my corner, and began to make friends, and, "miracle of miracles", actually talk! I am in the drama program, and everyoneis so supportive of me. I can challenge myself here, while I was bored at my old school. when I came to CC I realized afresh how much I love learning. here and there, there is the odd teacher who doesn'treally know what they are doing, or doesn't teach well, but they are few and far between. and above all that, you can tell that every single one of t teachers loves their students completely. that is one of the greatest thingsabout this school. everyonehas a place; there isn't an emphasis on sports over drama, any more than the Latino or African-American student unions are treated with more respect than student council. I am a hispanic girl, and the Latino studentunion has bee so supportive and fun for me here, and it is simply wonderful. I love Central Catholic so much; and I would strongly encourage anyone to come here.

Central Catholic High School, in addition to being an excellent academic institution, holds its greatest attribute in the strong sense of community the school has. Students, parents, alumni, and staff alike are all a part of the big Central Catholic family. School spirit also helps to unify the CC community. There is often a great turnout for football games, in particular the homecoming game and the Holy War against rival Catholic school Jesuit HS. Other sports programs, in particular the volleyball and boys' cross country teams, are very strong. In terms of academics, classes are pretty small (about 25 people), so you get plenty of teacher attention and support. There are many opportunities to challenge yourself through a selection of honors and AP courses. CC requires community service of all its students, which is beneficial because students learn the value of helping the community. Fundraisers such as the Food, Blanket, Coat, and Penny Drive are enthusiastically participated in by all four classes. Overall, CCHS is a great place to learn and grow, academically and spiritually. It really helps you to prepare for college and life. I would recommend it to anyone applying to HS.

I absolutely love Central Catholic. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. I feel like I belong and am not afraid to be myself. All the teachers are really helpful and great at what they do. They really get to know you on a personal level. I would defiantly recommend Central :)

My daughter is a Freshman at Central Catholic and loves it so far. It was my 3rd choice for High Schools. The first being Catlin Gabel, then OES. But I thought that she is the one attending 5 days a week, and I stepped back and allowed her to make the choice. I must say that it would make any parent happy when they can pick up a hormonal 14 year old girl from school is she talks non-stop about her day at school. About the great teachers, and the nice kids, and how awesome the school food is! I just pray that by June this will be the same mantra. Goooooo Rams!

Going to Central Catholic really changed my life. As a middle schooler in beaverton at a K-8 school, you really never learn about the world outside beaverton or the suburbs. Going to Central Catholic, I really see what the city is like and I see all the homeless people that I can help by volunteering at soup kitchens or other charities. By going to Central Catholic, I learned to feel compassionate, nicer and more loving. Central is a warm loving place, a place where you can be yourself all the time and know there are people who care about you. If you live in the beaverton area, I dare you to at least visit Central and see how much it can change your life, because I can tell you, I changed mine.

I loved it freshman year but coming sophmore year i realized how terrible it is if you want an actual education dont go to central catholic. If you are an individual they will hammer out all your creativity and teach you not how to stand up for your beliefs but how to follow the masses. If you dont care about actually learning or discovering something about yourself i would recommend this school

One of the best schools in Oregon. Has an amazing campus, very good education, and some of the best teachers. My son went there for 4 years and graduated and my daughter is now a freshman and she loves it. My son had great friends and was a great student. He is now going to portland state and is looking into medicine. I recommend having your son/daughter apply and visit at Central Catholic High school. They will see that the school is great.

i used to go to central i applied to both central and jesuit high school i decided to go to central because i liked that it was a smaller school than jesuit but when i got there i realized i hated it the emphasis was not on academics or athletics or religion it was on well nothing really i hated it and so i transfered to jesuit for my sophmore year

I now have two daughters going there. One is a freshman the other a junior. Both went to public grade schools.Great environment, excellent academics.I would recommend this school without reservation

Outstanding College Prepratory High School, with a strong emphasis on service in the community and the world. My daughter graduates this year and we could not be more pleased with her academic and social preparation. Central is a close-knit, value-driven community with a rigorous academic program and a very strong athletic tradition. I would reccommend this school without reservation.

Last modified Central Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12