Portland, OR

Posted August 30, 2015
My child has attended St. Anthony School for four years and I can't say enough great things about this school. The class sizes are small, the teachers are fantastic and the community is warm and inviting. The school has a new principal who communicates well with the parents and looks for input to make the school better. If you are looking for a school with a challenging and engaging curriculum I would highly recommend St. Anthony!

St Anthony School 4

Posted June 04, 2014
Class sizes are smaller. Specialized groups are available for one-on-one attention. Strong community of involved parents. I can't say enough about this school. Best of all - it goes from preschool to 8th grade - there is no awkward reshuffling and power struggle period, otherwise known as junior high school. I highly encourage everyone to look at St. Anthony. If you are concerned about private school prices - they have subsidy programs. If you are concerned about not being Catholic - you don't need to be or attend the parish to be a part of this great school.

Posted March 19, 2013
I am so impressed with this preschool. This is the 2nd preschool I have been at. It is by far more superior than the first. The staff is very welcoming, not only to the children but to the parents as well. All the teachers are very easy to approach and have your child's best interest at heart. You can tell they truly love what they do and love the children. As far as a preschool goes, the staff does a great job juggling academics with fun. They are able to find fun projects that really help each child grow and learn. The staff does a great job encouraging and developing the whole child, not just the academic part. They encourage respect for all things, include each other. They have their own private play yard with equipment that is the appropriate size for the children's age. This year has been such a positive experience! There is no doubt my child will be returning, as well as my other children!

St Anthony School 2

Posted November 10, 2012
St. Anthony School is going through some major problems with the administration. Teachers are quitting right and left. It seems that administration has no concern for parents or even the students. How can the whole preschool staff quit or be fired without an explanation? The teachers seem unhappy but are trapped. It used to be a wonderful school before the new administration took over.

Posted May 30, 2012
St. Anthony is amazing in every aspect. The staff, curriculum, students, parents, sports, extra activity, and the list goes on and on. We meet interesting people everyday. Our children are hungry to learn and participate because the teachers are top notch and have an incredible ability to get them involved. Our kids don't like holidays anymore, they want to be in school! St. Anthony, we will be always thankful for what you bring to our lives and we will do what we can to contribute. God Bless.

St Anthony School 1

Posted May 04, 2012
It needs an administrative overhaul. The principal refusing to speak with parents, even after terminating two teachers in one year. My child is now on their third teacher and the principal refuses to even tell us if the kids are safe. When confronted by a group of moms she refused to speak and simply tapped her wrist watch and said she is busy. Other administrative services are incredibly unorganized, the school could significantly improve by offering an undergrad process improvement student an internship. The principal request parents to read a weekly 6+ age newsletter in which she rambles and can't clearly articulate the point. Unfortunately because of the administration this school is a shame is a disgrace to the education system.

Posted March 28, 2010
Excellent school that not only offers a quality education, but a great sense of community for parents and students. My son is 4th generation to attend St. Anthony's, and is now doing excellent in high school.

Posted February 13, 2010
If your student is an average student they will do well at this school. What I mean by that is that the majority of teachers teach to the average student. If your student needs additional support or exceeds within the academic arena they will be mainly ignored. My son happened to excel in math and was subjected to the same lessons that all of the other students were exposed to. Apparently, the teachers here have never heard of differentiated instruction or lack the initaiative to take continuing education classes to further themselves to better teach the above and below average students. If your student is below or above average a public school is the way to go. Average students will do well here.

Posted September 16, 2009
I'm an alumni of St. Anthony's. It was always provided a warm and welcoming environment that enticed children to push themselves to be better and learn more. I developed my love of learning at St. Anthony's and remain very close friends with people I went to school with way back when! I feel very fortunate to have gone to school there and look forward to sending my daughter there next year!

Posted February 09, 2009
St. Anthony is a wonderful school with good values and a Christian ethic. The education is very good despite some of the remarks of others. Both my children have excelled there in the past and after attending other schools both in Tigard and abroad, we have come to realize what a truly well rounded and fabulous education they received. They are both well above their peers in many subjects. We could send our younger daughter anywhere when we return but will most definately send her to St. Anthony again! As for the teachers/staff, they can be strict but that is why the children behave in school. You can't have it both ways. I agree that it is a community/family atmosphere which is great for the kids well being. We have missed it. Parents don't tend to be involved in the older grades but it's the same in public middle schools.

12645 Southwest Pacific Highway, Portland, OR  97223