PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Bullying problems were the main reason we left this school. They did not do anything at all despite our repeated concerns. The kids doing the bullying were from wealthier, more involved families. We were made to feel like pariahs whose children were not welcome because we spoke up.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

Leadership at this school seems to think they are running a business not a school. They do not effectively solve problems among the children. My child has cried in fear multiple times over being sent to the principal. They then come home and talk about their issues with me. I think they need to develop a better way to communicate with small, scared children.

Develops character: Disagree

This school does provide strong religious education and values, however I have witnessed quite a bit of discrimination which deeply saddens me so I am not sure if they are practicing what they preach.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

There are MANY great, caring, wonderful teachers. There are a few we have been less thrilled with, but none we have had any actual complaints on.

Amount of homework: Neutral

Our children had homework starting in kindergarten. They did not have a dedicated after school club for homework help so by the time we got home from work at night at 6pm we often struggled to finish homework quickly. Not sure how helpful it was.

Since the change in principal in 2014, we have seen a rapid decline in this school. There is no longer a music program and the parents were not informed this was happening, they have new young teachers who don't know how to teach and interact with parents, they will also nickel and dime you. What may appear as a low tuition rate actually comes with many fees and costs throughout the year, many of which are not fully disclosed at registration. And when your child graduates and applies to those private high schools, you find out that the school didn't teach them enough to make it to the higher level classes. There is no benefit to going to this private school other than the small class sizes because so many families have left

A very close knit community. Both of my children graduated and went on to do well at a college prep high school. Parents need to expect to be involved, any school cannot do it all alone. Would highly recommend St. Therese.

Good School Great enviroment, and sence of community, Attended the school K- 8th grade. Fun and safe place for kids to learn

I like the relatively small size of the school and the community effort the school emits. The school staff are easy to talk to and are willing to help on almost every front.

I love that in a time of educational cutbacks my children experience art, music, math, reading and other standard curriculum in a positive and creative way.

Last modified St Therese School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8