K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted December 02, 2015
We've been at this school for 3 years and we love it! Because it's a Jesuit school, social justice is a key part of each child's learning experience. The academics are rigorous but there is a real concern with educating the "whole child," including the spiritual, physical, and socioemotional spheres. Kids have activities in their "family groups" (composed of 1 child from each of Pre-K to 8th grade) about once/month, which supports cross-age interactions and a really strong sense of school-wide community. Our son is excited to go to school every single day. He is passionate about learning and feels supported by his peers and teachers every step of the way!

Posted June 12, 2008
Our school is a treasure. My daughter came here from public school and since has thrived academically as well as socially. She came as a 3rd grader. We felt welcome by students, staff and other parents. When I drop her off in the morning, I always leave with a smile knowing she is truly accepted and respected there. We are Catholic and truly enjoy all the community outreach the students do as well as the various masses. We also are lucky to have a very diverse school. I feel very grateful my daughter is learning how to be a good student and a good citizen. I feel kids leave here very ready for high school.

Posted December 12, 2007
This school is SE Portland's best kept secret. It is truly one of the best values in a top notch education you can find in Portland. Students who finish k-8 here are some of the best prepared in all of Portland for high school - almost all are put into advanced classes, even at tough schools like Jesuit and St. Mary's. And they do this without being exclusive - they have high standards and help kids achieve them. But more importantly, is how nice they come out. The school atmosphere is very kind - I don't know how else to put it - and the kids care a lot about helping, and doing service in the community. St. Ignatius is producing model citizens. This sounds so flowery, but I really believe this to be true.

Posted April 24, 2006
My children have attended this school for almost 4 years . I love this school and wouldnt think of any other to send my children to. The parent involvemnt and close knit community is exceptional.

Posted January 26, 2006
TRhe school is great but could use a new gym floor.

Posted November 15, 2005
St. Ignatius is a very good quality school. I am not a member of the parish nor am I catholic and I wouldn't spend a cent to send my children there if I didn't feel I was getting all I could ask for. On the subject of being non-catholic: my family has always felt as a welcome and complete member of the school.

Posted October 05, 2005
My two children attended this wonderful school. They have high qualified teachers who are warm and welcoming. The school have created a supporting community. The school is small, but has all the curriculums of a big schools with arts, band, PE with gym, and much more.

St Ignatius School