Portland, OR
Students enrolled: 1,280
After care: No

Posted October 10, 2014
My children are thriving at Jesuit. The teachers truly care about the kids in and out of the classroom. You can really see that the teachers love teaching and being a part of the Jesuit family. At parents night I was very surprised at the long tenure of many of the teachers. My children are not catholic but they feel welcome and learning about all religions.

Posted October 10, 2014
Jesuit's motto is "Do Well Whatever You Do", and this shows in all aspects of the school. The teachers care about the students, the students are involved in school and the community, and the drama and athletic departments are outstanding. Parents are involved in everything from preparing and serving lunch, to staffing the concession stands at sports games, and participating on committees to assist the administration and other parents (like, for example, the Parents in Partnership program). Each year, the students have a retreat during which they forge strong bonds of friendship, and reflect on their lives and the lives of those around them. This is an outstanding place to send your student, if you want him or her to develop not only academically, but into a man or woman for others.

Posted October 10, 2014
I have a daughter who graduated from Jesuit last spring and a son who is currently a sophomore. The school does an amazing job of getting all kids involved in not only the school but also in the community through community service. They also do an outstanding job of preparing the kids for college and beyond. The staff and teachers are caring and always eager to assist in anyway. Sending our kids to Jesuit was the best decision we've ever made!

Posted October 07, 2014
I can't say enough positive things about Jesuit. Academics are fantastic, gifted students have AP classes that challenge them. Also Thomas Edison School, that shares the campus with Jesuit, accomodates students with alternative learning abilities (like my daughter,) is available for students to take some of their classes. A diverse, dedicated, well appointed team of educators, is custom selected at admission based on your students ability and needs , with input from student and parents. Teachers are always available before and after class to help students. This is provided under a safe, caring, moral enviornment that in predominantly Catholic, but with most Great Religions represented, as well as students that do not practice a religion. Although Jesuit competes in sports, arts, and academics at a high level, there are sports and numerous other campus activities, to accomadate and explore the intrests of all the students. My experience with JHS culture in that it is inclusive, caring, safe with the student encouraged to take a chance and explore, while owning and being responsible for decisions made, all within the spirit of learning.

Posted September 06, 2014
Jesuit Portland has been an outstanding experience for family. Our four children have had numerous opportunities to explore and be challenged in their academics, character, spirituality and athletics. Jesuit Portland culture fosters deep, supportive friendship with students and faculty and amongst families. It is a remarkable place.

Posted September 05, 2014
Outstanding academics, student participation in a broad range of activities (drama, student government, athletics) and a strong history of community service.

Jesuit High School 1

Posted November 12, 2013
It was a good school for the first three months but then got real bad. I came from Saint Clare's, rivals to Saint John Fisher. Most of my friends transferred to Central Catholic, just like I did. A lot of Saint John Fisher kids went to Jesuit, and I finally transferred to CC, where I'm loving it.

Posted November 06, 2013
Jesuit High School offers challenging academics. The students are expected (and held to) strong character behaviors, respect of facility, instructors, peers, parents and others. There is a wide range of academics, clubs, religious experiences and other opportunities. It is a special place. My son feels challenged, but supported. He is expected to take care of himself and do the best he can do. I like Jesuit as it is a great training ground for college. The motto is do for others and do the best you can do. The school lives up to that motto and is a strong partner in making our son a man for others who now understands why we have the values we do.

Posted December 10, 2011
I am continually impressed with Jesuit's ability to produce incredibly talented young adults- both in the academic and athletic arena. 99% of graduates go on to attend a four university the next year... Pretty extraordinary for this day and age. Many people despise them, but why? These people are probably the one's who applied and were denied admission. In addition, I would like to point out that Jesuit must put it's name out there for perspective students, otherwise the school would have no applicants and close. Recruiting? No. Jesuit simply attracts the most accomplished young people because no other school can offer such a rewarding educational experience. I once sat next to a woman on a return flight from California who told me she moved her family from Corvalis to Beaverton so her kids could attend Jesuit. That's not recruiting.

Posted March 19, 2011
As a student at Jesuit High School I honestly have nothing but good things to say about the school. it has formed me into the person I am today, and I could not be more proud of that. Jesuit has a strong academic program that pushes its students to do better everyday. On the outside people see how competitive Jesuit sports are, while thats how competitive academics are also. Sports teams at Jesuit are good, but theres no recruiting, almost all my friends who play varsity sports started out as sub par athletes but through there strong dedication became the quality players that they are. Along with academics and sports, drama is a huge part of the Jesuit community. Its hard to believe that these production are high school plays when the actors have such talent. The strongest part of the Jesuit program is the Christian Service. As a graduation requirement students much do 65 hours of service working with marginalized people during their Junior or Senior year. This experience changes most people over time and opens students hearts and minds. I love Jesuit and could not think of a better place for a family to send their child.

Jesuit High School