Posted October 22, 2014
I have been a parent of a CCS student for almost 4 years. My child is getting a great education and is excelling in both math and reading (compared to other kids the same age across the country). The administration is caring and professional at the same time. The teachers are supportive and eager to help their students learn. The class sizes are small, but there are many grades that are filled to capacity. I enjoy friendships with other parents and the staff all know who my child is (I love that!). Students who graduate from Columbia go on to many different colleges across the country as well as a variety of successful careers. I am looking forward to all of the things my child will explore and learn about through the years at Columbia Christian. I am also thankful that all students have the opportunity to participate in sports, music, drama and art...especially when many schools are cutting these things from their curriculum. If you are looking for a private school that will be attentive to your child and will provide a safe, family-type atmosphere, you should check out CCS. I know that they encourage people to set up a visit anytime to see if it will be the best fit for them.

Posted October 13, 2014
This school is AWESOMMMMMMEEEE!!!!! Everyone is so helpful and amazing. The staff is so inspiring.

Posted September 30, 2014
My two boys attend Columbia Christian Schools and truly love being there. They feel safe, welcomed, encouraged, and they receive an excellent education. Honestly, it is wonderful to see that they are excited for school each day. The teachers are invested in their students, the students enjoy being around one another, the staff are always helpful and friendly, the facilities are beautiful. It is a great environment for those searching for a Christian education focused on excellence. We have also enjoyed the close relationships we've been able to build with other families in the school. That is an added bonus to the great educational and spiritual environment. We'd certainly recommend Columbia Christian to any family searching for a school home for their children!

Posted June 25, 2014
Columbia Christian is a growing Christian community that seeks to empower students to pursue excellence in faith, character and academics. The 12 acre campus is beautiful and welcoming - a place to call home. Columbia Christian is fully accredited through the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools (a division of AdvancED) and the Association of Christian Schools International. Administration, faculty, and staff are caring and committed to student success! Columbia Christian is dedicated to its mission - to empower students to become disciples of Jesus Christ!

Columbia Christian Schools 4

Posted June 25, 2014
My 3 children attend Columbia and love it. The smaller classroom size makes sure they get the attention needed. My daughter struggled with math but because of the great teachers she is on track. We love that the school offers choir, band, drama and art. My children are receiving a well rounded education.

Posted April 28, 2014
Columbia Christian Schools I have been involved with Columbia Christian for over 20 years. I sent my two children here since 1st grade and both graduated from Columbia. I have had 3 grandchildren that have or are attending Columbia and one son-in-law that graduated from Columbia. The Administrators are TOP! Our staff and faculty care about each student here. One-on One time is always available. We are a family here. Our secondary students meet together with elementary students every Friday for a prayer or just to talk about what is happening in their lives, etc. They also sit with them once a month in a joint chapel. We care about each other. Our ASB is great! We encourage our parents to truly get involved in our school. We welcome students that my want to come to shadow a day with a student to see first hand what Columbia is like. We are always ready to answer any questions you may have about the school We have been here since 1947 and God has blessed our school abundantly with purchasing the ex Cascade College campus so we can grow. Academics and Athletics are above other schools. Come check us out.

Posted February 09, 2014
This is the second year that my son has been at Columbia Christian and I can't say enough good things about this school! It is evident that the staff members truly care for the children - it shows in the way they instruct them and nurture their growth. There are ample opportunities for the kids to experience the arts, athletics and technology. The location is convenient and the price is affordable. I take comfort in the fact that my children can be part of a safe community where they are gaining life skills in a positive environment. I recommend Columbia Christian to any families who value faith, character and academics!

Posted October 05, 2013
My kids have been at this school for two years. I love it. The schlock l is growing, but not too much. I've never felt like I was treated differently than those that attend a church affiliated with the school. In fact, the school isn't technically affiliated with any church. We don't even have a church we attend regularly and I've never been treated differently or felt like I or my children were treated differently. I am so thankful we found this school. The teachers and principal are so caring and available whenever you need them

Columbia Christian Schools 1

Posted September 03, 2013
There are many more schools that offer a good environment.First if you don't go to the church that is associated with the school then you get treated different. Also they have been known to kick a student out of high school when they were within a month of finishing the year, over nothing. The teachers lie and aren't as nice as expected. The reason the school hasn't grown through all of the years it has been open is because of the many inappropriate things that the teachers and principle get away with doing. I am speaking from my own experience there many years ago and then sending my sons. So everything that is advertized is not the truth. Teachers also don't have appropriate college background to teach.

Posted January 12, 2012
My daughter transferred here from another private "Christian" school at which she was bullied, sexually harassed, unchallenged and in an overfull classroom. I have been exceedingly impressed since transferring her to Columbia Christian. Everything from the small classes, kind and thoughtful teachers, accessible administration, flexibility of the curriculum (she is in advanced math), quality of the field trips and real-life assignments and emphasis on academic excellence sets Columbia apart from other schools. Their tuition is also more reasonable than most. But the thing I love best about Columbia is that "Christian" isn't just part of their title, it's part of their DNA. My daughter has grown spiritually by leaps and bounds.

Columbia Christian Schools
413 NE 91st Ave, Portland, OR  97220
Last modified Columbia Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Columbia Christian Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top