PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted January 28, 2016
My daughter attended K-12. I do not like to spend money, and I am not the type to console myself by rationalizing shortcomings because I have forked out a lot of money. But as tight as I am, and as self-critical as I tend to be, it was no mistake selecting OES for our daughter. I'll pass one observation and leave it at that. Long about 7th/8th/9th grade I got an inkling of the academic confidence that she and her cohort were developing. By mid HS, it was apparent to me that most of them, deeply and truly, believed that anything put before them in good faith, they could learn. And not just to competence, but to mastery. It is this self-confidence, built over time, and tempered by humility, that carries the OES graduates successfully into nationally ranked colleges and universities, where the vast majority do quite well.

Posted April 28, 2015
Awesome school ! Prepares their students to be good citizens of the world. Excellent academics !

Oregon Episcopal School 2

Posted January 27, 2014
I am writing pertaining to the elementary ("Lower") school as I have no direct experience about the middle or upper (junior and high) schools. My experience was that everything depended upon the teacher whom the child got for the year. I was disappointed in the school's ability to handle a child with special needs. I would recommend this school for those with fairly typical children. I would not recommend this school for those whose children have special behavioral or learning needs. Their response to my child has ranged from heavy-handed to confused to un productive. They do not appear to be equipped to handle a wide range of behavior and learning styles.

Posted June 27, 2013
OES is a very special place, It has strong academics, yes, but it also values service to the community. The service is authentic and compassionate. The kids grow and learn to identify who they are (a force for good) as human beings in this world through service learning. Let's face it, book learning is important and OES does an job challenging the kids, but the type of learning that remains through adult hood is the kind that is learned through experiences. OES allows the kids to experience many things in a safe environment. My child went to middle school and will be in the high school also. I volunteer and participate in school functions and am blown away by the dedication and love the teachers and staff have for the kids. I am not wealthy, but all the parents I have met and worked with are down to earth, care about the kids and support the school. I would highly recommend this school. You as a parent and your child will get the most out of the OES experience if you volunteer and participate at school. I just keep wondering why all schools don't function at the level of OES. I don't think it's money. I think there is not enough will by you and me to make it happen.

Posted June 03, 2013
This a an amazing school. It has lots of opportunities for students to branch out. In middle school you can choose from three languages. Chinese, French, and Spanish. It is in the top three schools in oregon.

Posted June 03, 2013
Oregon Episcopal is as delicious as Chocolate Explosion Cake. It looks amazing from the outside and is chocolatey and gooey on the inside. It lived up to all of my expectations and has really helped me with some organization problems I had. They have an amazing writing program and help young writers expand outside of the OES community. I love Oregon Episcopal School and plan to stay hear through high school.

Posted November 08, 2011
This school has exceeded our expectations. The overall attention to detail, level of communication with parents, and quality of teaching all serve to make this an incredible school. Our son could not be happier here.

Posted October 28, 2011
I have been at this school for my whole life. It is absolutely the best school I could ever imagine. The academics are amazing, the athletics are strong, the arts are great, humanities and languages are fantastic, and the math and sciences are incredible. You really cannot go wrong with OES because it has something for everyone. I love my school, it is my home and family. Now in high school, I am realizing how much my teachers and peers have shaped me as a person and I am truly grateful for that.

Posted May 04, 2011
As a parent of two children in the lower elementary school, we have experienced small nurturing classrooms, with excellent teachers. There is such a wide range of enrichment activities in arts, music, and sports that complement the strong academics. My children also enjoy the beautiful campus with the wetlands, woods, and the all-weather play areas!

Posted March 07, 2011
The training I got at OES, in academics and also in life, helped me succeed at college and beyond. I found my voice at OES, because I was constantly both challenged and supported. An amazing school, with a closeknit community and teachers I will admire for the rest of my life.

Oregon Episcopal School
6300 Southwest Nicol Road, Portland, OR  97223
Last modified Oregon Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12