PK-1|Private

Bad
Good

Posted March 12, 2013
My daughter has went to preschool, pre-k and is now in kindergarten at Belmont Academy. Every person that works there is kind and obviously dedicated to children. The pre k teachers are exceptional! The kindergarten class is special. The new teacher is a gem. The comfort and security this place has to offer is worth every penny. The director, Claudia, is a really great person and has made a beautiful place for children to be children and learn in a home like environment that is not intimidating. They are flexible and are willing to work with individual needs. My 3 year hadn't taken naps since she was 2 and has the energy of 20 monkeys all day long, so they let her come to the office and sit with Claudia and draw or look at books while the other kids had nap time. That is one example of how much they really do care about the children's feelings and individual needs. To my girl, daytime was time to be awake, and they made an exception for her. They have shown my child and I respect and kindness for the past 3 years and I really appreciate everything they have done. My 5 year old loves school with a passion and is reading well into a 1st grade level. Our experience had been wonderful!

Posted July 16, 2011
We have been so happy with our experience at Belmont Academy. Our son loves his teacher, his friends, and is excited everyday to go to school. We couldn't be happier with our choice. We highly recommend Belmont Academy.

Belmont Academy 1

Posted April 18, 2011
Awful awful awful. Food is substandard. They do not care about the children. Do Not send your children here

Posted December 14, 2009
My daughter currently attends Belmont and loves it! There is a very small student to teacher ratio, which has helped tremendously in her reading, writing skills. There is definitely a family feeling there.

Posted October 12, 2009
Great School - My son and daughter attended from infants through kindergarten and are now in the before and after school program. They were loved, nurtured and thrived throughout their preschool years. The teachers are great many with their BA's and others working towards theirs. My children were more than ready to enter public schools.

Posted May 13, 2009
My son attended Belmont Academy and loved it. We were very happy with the staff. We felt they were very engaged and caring with our son. He learned so much. The teachers show individual attention to all their students. We felt the program was great and highly recommend it.

Posted March 30, 2009
Both my daughters went to Belmont up to kindergarten and the loved it. They were nurtured and schooled wonderfully. They are ahead of most other students in their current grade school class and I believe much of that is because of their time at Belmont.

Posted March 23, 2009
Belmont Academy is not a good place! The staff is unprofessional and not well trained. The children are not able to engage in developmentally appropriate activities and there is little regard for individual needs and learning styles. With so many other options out there, avoid Belmont academy and send your child elsewhere.

3841 Southeast Belmont Street, Portland, OR  97214