Posted June 13, 2011
I can only attest for the Upper School, but as a upper school student the school has provided me with an invigorating, intimate, and stimulating education that is unmatched by all private schools I know. Although the workload is intense and can often border overwhelming, the intimate community that is fostered between the teachers and the students provides a cushion for the "stress culture" that the Upper School creates. I love this school, the teachers, and the students. If you're not afraid to work hard and love to learn, Catlin Gabel is the place for you.

Posted April 18, 2011
The teachers are so nice and helpful and if you have a problem they will help you until you know how to handle it. The students are really kind and the school goes to far lengths to make sure they are as welcoming, kind, friendly, and open as they can be. The campus is beautiful as well. I think this school is well worth the money.

Posted November 26, 2010
This school is great, the community is so welcoming and I LOVE it there! the teachers really open up to provide help and comfort to you, while pushing you to extend your knowledge and education. They are always there to answer questions and lend a hand, even in something completely unrelated to academics. This school has truly changed my life.

Posted June 15, 2010
I had two children attend Catlin Gabel both entering in the middle school. We were completely satisfied with the high level of academic challenge, caring teachers (who even welcomed our phone calls to their homes), and beautiful campus facilities. The school is strong in the sciences, arts, and sports. The college counseling is superb. The only thing that was tough was the very heavy homework load, but it helped them be extremely well prepared for success in prestigious colleges.

Posted March 04, 2010

Posted March 03, 2010

Posted February 23, 2010
I was reading through all the reviews, and it is apparent to me that some parents were not happy. Ironically, when you hone in on the childs perspecitive, all the children/high schoolers, that posted had incredibly postive things to say. I want to just add, while I, as a parent, have witnessed first hand and through many voices of my peers how much the teachers and faculty really care. To have administration KNOW your child demonstrates a corporate culture that resonates through the school. In first grade the teachers begin to do much more than some parents on these posts suggested as far as education. The teachers educate beyond just the premise of tests, but teach the children how to learn, their way, what works for them, that is priceless, the alphabet will be there, a child knowing how they learn will be a tool that will last forever!!

Posted January 18, 2010
I am in my 12th year at Catlin, and don't regret a minute of it. Needless to say I have never had a reason to leave. I am hard working, so I suppose I could thrive at any school. But Catlin is different than other schools. There aren't words to express the intimate relationship I have with all the faculty here. Or how sincerely engaged my classmates are in a heated class debate. I started in Pre-K and I remember my younger years as so magical! Lower school didn't feel like a school, more like a big living room where I did my math. (And to parents that doubt lower schools learn anything,I don't remember I single day which I didn't come home to tell my something new. The work in the high school isn't a burden for the students here, it is an opportunity!

Posted January 01, 2010
Our son has been in three top private schools in the US (as we have moved with jobs throughout the country). Catlin is by far the best school he has ever attended. He came to Catlin as an outsider (not from Oregon) in ninth grade. Four years later, he is attending an excellent college and feels well prepared. The Catlin faculty is exceptional and want to pull the best out of students. The faculty appreciate their students strengths and work with their weaknesses to make the best well rounded student possible. We are so very grateful that Portland has such an incredibly wonderful school. While many of the public schools are good here ---- Catlin's amazing ability to get to know your child and bring the best out of him/her makes it the incredible school that it is.

Posted December 22, 2009
I have been at Catlin since the age four. I have loved all of it. In the younger years we had lots of fun yet still learned what was needed. I remember having to do reports on the 13 colonies in the lower school that was lots of work. When people say that the lower school hasn't taught their children what they need to know then I'll ask them do we have the same school? I have learned lots. I loved the Catlin middle school. We learned lots in a safe environment. The switch from 5th to 6th was slightly scary but the 5th grade teachers had tried to make us as ready as we could be. The transition from 8th to 9th was easy and I love the high school. My teachers are amazing and love to answer questions. I love Catlin and recommend it to anyone.

Catlin Gabel School