Stoller Middle School 4

Posted June 26, 2014
This school seemingly has a lot of great things going for it, but the number of students (1,400), the large class sizes (80 kids in one 6th grade band class) and the lack of choices for electives will leave you wanting for more. The students also have advisory class and enrichment...both are huge wastes of time. The students aren't graded in these classes and it's just a way to save money since the district doesn't have enough money to have the students take real classes and not these filler classes with no set curriculum or direction. Also, this school splits for high school. Some of the kids go to Sunset and some go to Westview, which can be really hard on kids who may have been friends since kindy and are then split for high school. All that being said, this is probably the best comprehensive middle school in the Beaverton School District. I have found the teachers (for the most part) to be very caring and professional. The principal does a great job of leading such a large school.

Stoller Middle School 1

Posted May 18, 2014
Stoller has a serious bullying problem that no one wants to talk about and the administration isn't committed to making a change.

Stoller Middle School 2

Posted October 19, 2012
I am a parent of a student that goes to stoller!. Unless your child is gifted or extremely polite, curious and are liked by the the staff, I would not recommend enrolling he or her at this school. I am amazed how the staff fails to recognize the needs that other than gifted kids need.

Posted January 18, 2012
I've had at least one memorable teacher from a core class every year in here. For eighth grade, all three! I think the kids are great. There are a few in every hall and grade who consistently disrupt class but I believe there's those kids in every school. I think it's easy to get after school help, too. I like the counselors. Overall, I had a great middle school experience.

Stoller Middle School 4

Posted September 04, 2011
I have never liked this school for numerous reasons. First, some good points are that it's clean, usually has decent teachers, and a great technology center. Bad points, are that this school has horrible students. I don't know why, but the kids here are nastier than any other school I've ever attended. I hated my entire experience here.

Posted May 22, 2011
I attended Stoller Middle school from 6th grade to 8th grade, and I have to admit, it is a really nice school. The architecture is beautiful, with tons of skylights and bright colors. The principal enforces the rules strictly, the teachers are mostly good, and the counselors are kind and helpful. The only complaint I have is, for some reason everyone agrees that Stoller has really tight cliques, and trouble respecting others.

Posted September 03, 2009

Stoller Middle School 0

Posted March 28, 2009
There isn't much fuss here, people are friendly. Teachers are nice and the learning environment is nice. Great school overall, but good use better counselors.

Posted March 07, 2008

Stoller Middle School 1

Posted February 07, 2008

Stoller Middle School
14141 NW Laidlaw Rd, Portland, OR  97229
(503) 533-1910
Last modified Stoller Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stoller Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top