Posted May 18, 2014
My daughter has been going to DDAA since kindergarten and is graduating 5th grade this year. I cannot say enough about them.. DDAA is an amazing school. The teachers are the best. They are caring and personable. The school is like one big happy family. My son starts kindergarten next year and is so excited. He has an IEP and they were efficient in having everything ready before fall. I cannot recommend them enough. My only wish is that the went through to middle school and high school, but luckily I will still be with them for the next 6 years.

Posted April 02, 2014
Arthur Academy has been a HUGE BLESSING to our son. This past summer he had to experience a tremendous loss of my mom (his nana, who lived with us and my nephew who was one of his little buddies). Both of those losses came within three weeks of each other) This was his first year at Arthur Academy as a kindergartner and they ALL made him feel very loved, listened too and allowed him to walk through his / our experience of deep losses. We've had the extreme pleasure of watching him have an incredible experience his first year of school. What a blessing watching him see his sadness turn to joy. He loves school and his teacher's. The teacher's, principal and the other staff have gone far and beyond what was even expected or asked. They truly have led by example and we have seen the whole staff love on Arthur Academy kids and other families as well. Thank you Arthur Academy for going the extra mile for your students and showing what a school of excellence looks like. Please don't stop excelling and truly wanting to the best. This will be a year we as family will not forget and neither will our son!!! Thank you so much!!!!

Posted October 09, 2013
I have two children attending David Douglas Arthur Academy (5th and 1st). I couldn't be more happy. My oldest transferred from an excellent private school, I was concerned he wouldn't be challenged. Boy was I wrong! Then education is top notch and the teachers encourage and help every single child so that they WILL succeed! I'm so proud my kids attended this school!

Posted May 22, 2013
I have strongly considered sending my 2 daughters to Arthur but have hesitated because of my concerns around Public Middle Schools. Arthur only goes through 5th grade. Where do most of these children attend Middle School after such a specialized Elementary education?

Arthur Academy 0

Posted April 20, 2010
All the teachers are amazing and the staff know everyone by name. With only one class per grade and smaller class sizes, it allows every student to get the personal attention they need. The kids and environment are safe and there is NO tolerance for bad behavior. The communication is very open with each of the teachers and principal through weekly e-mail news letters. You will always know about current and future events. This school is an incredible example of No Child Left Behind and a very positive influence. I would highly recommend this school to anyone who is contemplating on sending your child to a Charter School.

Posted September 09, 2009
Arthur academy is a superior education for an elementary aged child, especially in Portland where the public education is substandard. My daughter has attended since 2005. She has excelled in everything. She is now in the 4th grade, nearly at a 6th grade reading level. Her math skills are excellent. Mr. Arthur values music education (unlike Portland Public) and there is a program in the winter and the spring. Most of all, everyone there wants all the kids to succeed!

Posted May 27, 2009
Beyond excellent. Way to go Portland Arthur Academy. You are the best!!!!

Posted December 15, 2008

Posted December 15, 2008
vMy son is new to this school (kinder) and I must say he's shown immediate improvement in his vocabulary and math skills. He loves his school and he always inquire if it's time for school. And as far as the atmosphere of the school...it amazes me that he even knows the name of the students that aren't on his grade level. Thanks Arthur Academy!!!

Arthur Academy 0

Posted July 05, 2008
FANTASTIC SCHOOL!!! Our daughters are going on their second year at this wonderful, unique school and are thriving. The curiculum is excellent as is the entire staff. It is a small school and may not have the big play yard or the abundance of extracuricular activities that other schools may have but they far make up for it in their academics. Would love to see this wonderful school go past grade school to middle school and beyond. just outstanding.

Arthur Academy
13717 SE Division St, Portland, OR  97236
Last modified Arthur Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arthur Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top