Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

We have not dealt with this particular issue.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

I have seen children in my daughter's classroom getting special attention and one student (that I know of) has an aide.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Mr. Leverty is wonderful and very effective in both communication with parents and his interactions with students.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Absolutely agree! They have the Hawkeye program and student citizenship awards that encourage and reward strong character and kind actions.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I am always in awe of my daughter's teacher when I visit the school. She manages a classroom of five-year-olds brilliantly, and they are all happy and learning!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

My daughter is in kindergarten and has a small amount of homework every night that encourages us as parents to spend time helping her with reading and math.

Our daughter is in kindergarten at Montclair. We are absolutely thrilled with the wonderful experience we've had so far! Our daughter loves school, and her teacher is fabulous. The principal knows all the children and is very visible and active in the classrooms. There's tons of parental involvement and volunteer opportunities, and I always feel welcome to visit or help out with classroom activities. We were actually considering moving to NE PDX but decided to stay in Garden Home partially because of the excellent quality of Montclair for our daughter and two sons (in the future when they are older). I can't say enough great things!

Montclair Elementary School is an amazing school. We feel very lucky to live so close to such a wonderful school. The parents are encouraged to be involved and the teachers really care and you can tell that they enjoy their jobs.

Montclair is a public school that would certainly be worth paying for! We feel very fortunate to have our children attend Montclair. Mrs. Bailey, the principal, knows every child and runs a magnificently tight organization. Just don't be late, Mrs. Bailey is watching!

School is great. My 2 sons attented it. Principal knows every student's name, teachers are caring and supportive.

Last modified Montclair Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.