Bad
Good

I have two girls at Ridgewood and the teachers and staff are incredible. We love the PYP program and families are super involved which results in a wonderful sense of community. We moved into the community to attend Ridgewood and are completely happy with our decision.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The PYP framework is taken very seriously at Ridgewood and it results in students and teachers who are tremendously caring and principled.

My daughter attended 1st grade in Mrs Sackley's class and had an amazing experience. The administration and school-wide staff has been supportive, I have been impressed that the school offers Spanish, geography, and lots of positive reinforcement to promote good citizenship and good behavior.

The school does excellent with what they have. There is high parent involvement, and Mr Stockwell does an excellent job of principal. The school secretary Valarie is awesome. Everyone is quick to respond to emails or concerns.

My son attended Ridgewood Elementary in K and 1st grade. I am so happy his school experience began here. There is a strong teaching staff at Ridgewood and Mr. Stockwell is an excellent leader with a strong orientation toward the kids and a clear instructional vision that has translated into good teaching even with weak teachers. Ridgewood has a great culture that is very supportive of all the kids. I have found this to be the most important factor in my kid loving school. He is a squirmy boy with a lot going on in his head. It is the relentlessly positive school culture that has made the difference for him. I realize not everyone feels this strongly about it, but my son knows the PYP habits/attitudes like the back of his hand and he talks about them all the time. He loves school so much because he has had hot chocolate with the principal, all his teachers (bless them) write back to him when he sends emails (all the time), and he truly understands how to function as a student. He has found a way to be very successful and to feel very proud of that. I don't think you could ask for anything more in a school!

Ridgewood has high parent involvement which gives the school a feel of a family. I love the security I feel knowing my kids are at Ridgewood.

A terrific school that works at teaching kindness and good citizenship along with academic subjects.

Excellent parent participation and new leadership has returned this school to its bellwether status.

My son is in 3rd grade and has attended Ridgewood since Kindergarten. I love the teachers and the new Principal. I was contiplating moving my son after 1st grade because the former Principal and I did not agree on many issues. I'm glad I kept my son at Ridgewood. The new Principal is great and I apprecaite his interaction with parents and students alike.

This is a great school. I always have contact and feedback from my sons teachers an principal. If my kids didn't get to go here we would move out of district..

Last modified Ridgewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.