Portland, OR

Arts Communication & Technology School 0

Posted January 12, 2008
My daughter is a sophomore at Roosevelt-ACT and, despite what you may hear about the school, she loves it. She feels that her teachers are interested in her personal and academic development and her homework seems to be challenging enough. (They only offer a couple of AP classes and I do hope that will change as the school continues to improve.) They have a Theater Department for the first time in years and are putting on the musical Oklahoma! in March. I m so excited for these kids to have this opportunity as musical theater was my passion in high school. The drama teacher even extended an invitation to local kids and community members to audition. My 11-year-old son was cast and they even cast this old Mom as Aunt Eller! Overall, I would say that Roosevelt ACT has come a long way and seems to be on the right path. Personally, I m less concerned with test scores and the No Child Left Behind Act stuff than I am with how kids feel about where they are going and what kind of daily experiences they are having. If they love their school, feel accepted there, and are adequately academically challenged then that s what really matters. I hope other neighborhood kids and parents will continue to support our school.

Arts Communication & Technology School
6941 North Central St, Portland, OR  97203
Last modified Arts Communication & Technology School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12
Arts Communication & Technology School Rating: 0 out of 5 based on 1 reviews. Top