Bad
Good

Posted November 13, 2012
Sei Academy is a great school :) !!!!!!! I really enjoy it , it gives you a chance too reach your goal. you have alot of support from other teachers and staff members. Me myself attend Sei Academy i am in the 8th grade, so far i have been there for 2 years in a half going for a whole 3 years. Sei Academy is a great school. YOU SHOULD REALLY CHECK IT OUT!!!! - THANKS :) GRACE. NICKELSON

Posted September 14, 2009
Great staff that holds there students accountable while creating stellar pillars in the N, NE community to grow up and be successful then give back tho students that proceed them. Excellent program.

Posted August 07, 2008
Overall SEI is a great school . I do believe that SEI has done a great job helping and mentoring the chldren as well but they need to remember that that children that dont have issues such as learning disorders or issues with behavior should not be put on the back burner. The focus should always be on education in general. SEi should also make sure that the staff that is hired are trained well enough to handle all types of children. I have really enjoyed SEI but there are still a few issues they need to on.

Posted June 25, 2008
The class sizes are approximately 25 kids per classroom with a teacher and an assistant. This allows some one on one time for students that may not be able to stay on task. In addition to superior academic instruction, the afterschool program has classes that continues education, life skills and extracurriculum activites.

Self Enhancement Inc/Sei Academy 3

Posted June 25, 2008
My take on the SEI Academy Charter School is, I feel it has strong points and weak points. Some of the strong points to me are the teacher student ratio, The facility is clean and the staff and students take pride in keeping it clean. The last thing I will say in favor of the School is everytime you walk in the building you are greeted with a smile and a hand shake. On a different note, I think the school needs a better system on how they handle their behavorial issues and communication with parents.

Posted June 25, 2008
As a parent my goal is to expose my children to positive and challenging experiences to assist them in reaching their personal, academic, and life goals. My son attends the Self Enhancement (SEI)Academy as an eighth grader. The SEI Academy is a charter school that challenges their students. I feel having my son as part of this learning environment will strengthen his academic ability and his social skills. The parent involvement offerings are fun and well attended. The school encourages the parents and/or guardians to get involved, have a voice, and visit the school often. I would definitly reccommend this school to any parent looking for a great middle school for their child.

Posted June 25, 2008
First and foremost, I am thanful for the opportunity to send my student to a charter school. It lets me know that special attention has and will continue to be given to my student. The enrollment is kept at a minimum and teacher ratio is great. Because this is a Portland Public School , all the state requirements, exams,and test scores are in place. Any students that struggle in a given area receive in class and out of class tutorials. A student may enter the academy at below bench marks , but, as time evolves they receive the assistance to reach new bench marks. State of the art technology, mentoring, and relationship building support the SEI's Mission. Although SEI only started as a two week basketball camp, they have truly grown into a beautifully woven quilt of works that truly support: 'It takes a villiage to raise a child'.

Posted June 25, 2008
Today I am writing in response to my feelings about the SEI Acadamy. I thought that the SEI Academy program was just a place for bad kids,but I was wrong. The SEI Academy is a very caring and stuctured program that works closely with its youth and their familyie. The program structure provides my child with a coordinator and a parent coordinator that help me with the day to day stuggles of keeping my child on track.

Posted June 23, 2008
i love it it is a great place for you and you child to meet a lot of people who care for you and your child and will do wat they have to do to have them sucseed

Posted March 10, 2008
This school is wondeful, my child is learning so much here! I am so proud of her!

3920 North Kerby Ave, Portland, OR  97227
Last modified Self Enhancement Inc/Sei Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.