Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted September 02, 2015
i feel that the students their should get packets for that week on things that they are learning and what they are learning for the reason of a lot of the kids are behind but also parents being available to help their children

Parklane Elementary School 3

Posted September 02, 2015
parklane school is doing the best they can for there students and staff i feel like they need for help and time. i have a now 4th and 6th grader that attend there they seem to like going to school i have not had any problems. i am just concern on the education part. and how behind they are.

Parklane Elementary School 1

Posted September 06, 2014
Had a bully problem that the school allowed to continue after multiple incidents and phone calls. Changed to a different school and my child is thriving. Over crowded classes, under qualified teachers, and a RUDE principal. Only +, Mrs. Z, 1st grade.

Posted April 28, 2014
i went there in 3rd grade it is a nice school and i enjoy the staff there

Posted March 16, 2014
We moved last year in the middle of the school year from NE Portland. The school our daughter was attending in NE was just not working for us. The bullying was far too much for us to deal with and the academics were seriously lacking. When we enrolled our daughter in Parklane we were nervous, we had high hopes that she would flourish. Within weeks we noticed our daughter coming out of her shell, she was more confident, she loved doing her homework, she was making friends! The school has a real "community" feel to it. The office staff are amazing and so very helpful. I am blown away by my daughters teacher Mrs. Bigler. She has a level of patience that I can't begin to describe. She has a way of bringing these children out of their shells and getting them excited about learning. The other teachers are amazing as well. Now in her second year at this school, our daughter feels like she's a part of a real community, with people that care about her and know her by name. I am so impressed by the academics here compared to the PPS. Our daughter has music, art, PE (real PE not just having kids run back and forth in the gym), and lit groups! We LOVE Parklane!

Parklane Elementary School 1

Posted March 03, 2011
I would not recommend this school. It's overcrowded and there seems to be poor communication between the teachers and parents.

Posted October 03, 2010
I LOVE this school for my 2 kids! The teachers are of HIGH quality! They really show deep interest in their well-being. I'm so sad to have to be moving away to WA, because I know that they are in such a loving atmosphere. It may not look like much on the outside, but it truly serves my kids well, beyond words. The teachers emphasize more than curriculum, they concentrate on life skills, and implanting great educatioinal goals, like going to college, even for the kindergardner...so much enthusiasm, and know how to compliment the student with lots of rewards! We will miss these teachers.

Posted May 25, 2010
As a parent and a member HOPE, I have a daughter in 1st grade and a son in 3rd grade. I have been very pleased with the all of their teachers and my daughter has had the same teachers 2 years in a row as my son had at her age. The teachers listen to my concerns about my kids education and speech and we work together to make sure everyone is involved with their learning! The speech teacher has helped my daughter tremendously too! I believe it's not just the teachers that need to be involved, but the parents too! I enjoy helping where I can and showing my kids that as a parent, you CAN work and be involved with their school! Harold Oliver Primary Center is a fabulous school and I'm proud to be a part of it!

Posted June 16, 2008
Harold Oliver is a fantastic school with a community that is truly dedicated to supporting its students. I have been very impressed with the efforts taken to provide experiences above and beyond the ordinary for a population of students who deserve the extra attention.

Posted February 02, 2007
I am so impressed with HOP! It's a very organized and well run school with wonderful staff. A high priority seems to be respect for everyone with the staff leading by example. I love it and my 6 year old son does as well!

15811 SE Main St, Portland, OR  97233
Last modified Parklane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parklane Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top