Bad
Good

Lynch View Elementary School 1

Posted March 10, 2012
The staff put on a great fake face and they know how to present themselves but the state grade for this school speaks for itself. It's puching a D currently at C-

Posted January 17, 2012
A diamond in the rough! I have been in many schools as a student teacher and teacher. I am thoroughly impressed with Lynch View Elementary. The principal and teachers are highly qualified and care deeply about the children they teach. It is too bad the system used to rate these schools does not take into account the long hours these teachers put into educating these wonderfully diverse children. Most lessons taught are differentiated to meet the individual needs of the students. However, the success of Lynch View shows on the faces of the students with smiles and confidence. The children s faces reflect the environment of a truly caring and competent staff. Props to Lynch View for getting it right!

Posted November 03, 2009
As 'poor' as the school is, the principal and faculty do a great job of giving their all for those kids. My kindergartner has benefited greatly with his teacher and the overall atmosphere of Lynch View.

Posted June 03, 2009
My two childrten have been going to Lynchview since 2005 and have had the best teachers through all their years. The teachers and now the principal Ms. Bleivens are the very best. The building itself needs some help but not the teachers. It brecks my heart to see the ratings on this school because I know that the teachers give 100%. Thnk you to all of you.

Posted April 25, 2008
My daughter is in 3rd grade and has gone to Lynch View since kindergarten. I think that the school is fantastic. The teaching curriculum is how every school should be. They teach the kids at their skill level instead of every kid being taught the same thing. Leaving some kids behind and the advanced kids being held back. My daughter has had the best of experiences here. We were thinking about moving but I don't want my daughter to be taken out Lynch View!

Posted March 18, 2008
I'm a substitute teacher and this is the best school I've ever worked at. The staff works tirelessly for the students and the atmosphere is overall positive and relaxed, yet consistent.

Posted January 30, 2007
I have found the new principal to be a positive and caring person, very intelligent and great with the kids. The teachers care and are very good at getting the kids to focus on what needs to happen. overall I enjoyed my daughter's experience with the school.

Lynch View Elementary School 3

Posted September 06, 2005
My 2 kids went there 2004-2005. I really liked both my kids' teachers. They did a great job, they worked hard, made the kids behave, and they were nice people too. The principal seems like a judgmental woman who wants everybody to cringe in fear when she barks. I guess that's her style but I didn't like to see her doing that to people.

1546 SE 169th Place, Portland, OR  97233
Last modified Lynch View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.