Portland, OR

Posted June 19, 2013
Not an ideal school for my kids But they love this school even if they are struggling to learn. I know teachers and staff are trying their best to give their students the best education . But my kids academic performance went down . No extra help for kids who struggle for math reading and writting. So how could this school meet the state standard performance?
2 people found this helpful

Lynch Wood Elementary School 5

Posted May 10, 2012
As a former substitute teacher I am fully aware of the challenges that teachers are facing in todays economy and large class sizes. However, Lynch Wood has an amazing staff that has been fantastic with my daughter. I have seen my daughter learn so much there in the last two years. She is a very bright little girl who needs a challenge and Lynch Wood has certainly stepped up to make sure she is challenged. They are also great at keeping the parents involved and I love their Literacy nights and Math nights as well as all of the other family fun nights they have. It is a great school to be a part of, and I'm so thankful that our kids have the privilege of going there.

Posted March 22, 2010
Both of my kids would rate this school about a 4 because they really liked it, but I rate it a 2. I'm glad they liked it, but this is the school they started going down hill at. They were both doing really great in school until they got to this school and their grades started dropping. They both do say they really liked this school, but from my point of view... this is the school the dropped the ball. This is the school they started failing at and it's been downhill since (thanks also to Ron Russell.... that school is even worse). I would not take my kids back to this school and would not recommend this school to any other parent/child.

Posted April 29, 2009
My daughter is finishing up the 6th grade. She had been at lynchwood since 1st grade. I have volunteered for field trips and in classroom. I really love this school and will miss all the teachers and staff when my daughter moves into middle school. My daughter is getting straight A's . So, someone is doing something right. Keep up the great work lynchwood

Lynch Wood Elementary School 5

Posted January 28, 2008
Although I was a little apprehensive placing my child in a public school district, I am very impressed with Lynchwood elementry. I feel that this school has a variety of activities for the children,and the staff is wonderful. Lynchwood has exceeded my expectations the acedemic side of things as well. I am very pleased with this school. Thank you to all the staff at Lynchwood Elementry for making a wonderful enviorment to be in.

Posted December 12, 2007
I have taught at Lynch wood as well as several other schools and while Lynch Wood is faced with several challenges such as very large class sizes the overall feel of the school is excellent. It is rare to find a staff of teachers who work so well together and who are genuinely passionate about their jobs. The kids are great and the parents are fantastic.

Lynch Wood Elementary School 1

Posted June 10, 2007
I don't care for this school. I like my child's teacher, however the response from the rest of the staff that I get for a question or concern is most of the time a rude on condescending attitude. If I could my child would not go to school here.

Posted October 10, 2004
I had wonderful experiences and not so good experiences with all three children going through the school. It really did depend greatly on the principal employed at the time. Not only did the principal have a great impact on parent morale, but also noticed a difference in teacher attitude and morale depending on the leadership. The best of the best was Mr. Donovan. He was always present in the halls and playground and the children not only loved him but also respected him along with a long list of parents. Overall it was above average with teachers but below average with location and economic demographics.

Posted June 10, 2004
The staff pushed my child through with a low reading level. Now he/she struggles in middle school to do assingments. I felt they were worried more about their first run ratio then the student.

Lynch Wood Elementary School
3615 SE 174th St, Portland, OR  97236
Last modified Lynch Wood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lynch Wood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top