PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

My son started Portland Montessori last year and we love the program there. He has a sensory processing disorder so at times he can have a disproportionate reaction to things and his teacher has been outstanding and understanding. He provides a supportive and caring environment while still providing structure and guidelines. He has recognized the difficult times and activities for my child and has come up with alternatives to work around those difficult areas while preserving my child's dignity and respecting his personality. I have always gotten prompt and supportive responses to my emails and support as a parent. I really feel like the people at this school know and care for my child. Well worth the money. I encourage any parent who is already paying for daycare to use their money that supports their child's educational future. They also have scholarships available for financial aide. If you want to feel that your child is safe and in a great learning environment this is the school for you.

My husband and I LOVE this school and my daughter (in her 2nd year) tells me several times a week 'I love school!' The guides are terrific at guiding the children to their full potential, the classrooms are very well equipped with terrific Montessori materials, the staff is EXTREMELY friendly and responsive, the parents are friendly and involved, and the playground is a great safe and natural space for the kids to run, explore, and be creative in their play. It seems like a big school, with 6 different primary classrooms and now an elementary classroom, but it feels personal, since within a month the staff were all greeting my daughter and I by name. Most of the staff either are ex-guides or have children at the school (or both) and so are invested and well-versed in the Montessori curriculum and approach. I HIGHLY recommend this school!!!

Last modified The Portland Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5