Public charter
Portland, OR

Cascade Heights Public Charter School 1

Posted May 24, 2014
Please notice that nearly all of the 5 star reviews are from PARENTS. Parents are not the one going to the school every day. The test scores may be good, but the way of learning is not at all. I learned almost nothing at this school and not only was I treated like I had no value, the 8th grade teacher was extremely rude and would try and humiliate you in front of the whole class if you were breaking one of her unreasonable rules. I do not recommend this school to ANYONE, and if you are a parent, I recommend for the sake of your child you find them another school.

Posted November 19, 2012
Moving to this school was the best decision we ever made! My children are challenged and take school very seriously. They expect exceptional, respectful and dedicated students - mine took the challenge and ran with it. They came from our local school and were bored, bullied and obsessed with clothing brands. They see CHPCS as a privledge to attend. Please check us out if you are serious about your children's education.

Posted November 11, 2011
Academics is stressed, yet not at the expense of the formation of the whole child. High standards for learning provide a solid foundation as practical application is taught in conjunction to maximize the talents of each student as unique individuals with unique talents. As per the dress code, there are many options and we've appreciated the lack of drama involved in our children not having to buy the most chic clothing to be either accepted or draw their confidence. Director Denman is open minded, yet holds the school to a high standard which continues to prove its prowess in both academics and forming responsible, confident individuals. This school should be given strong consideration by any parent looking to give their child the best chance to maximize their academic and individual potential.

Cascade Heights Public Charter School 1

Posted July 07, 2011
We pulled our child from this school before she even attended as they refused to work with us regarding one item on the dress code and how it would aggravate a skin condition our child has. We were told that other people at the school had a similar condition and they just put up with it. No child should have to 'put up with' an aggravated skin condition just to satisfy this school's rigid and outdated dress requirements. If this school is that inflexible over a health condition, it may be safe to assume that they are equally inflexible on other issues as well. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone.

Posted June 06, 2011
Cascade Heights is an outstanding school. This public school enrolls students via a lottery. The teachers are committed, creative and exceptional. Families are dedicated to school choice and an expectation of excellence, appropriate behavior and volunteering. The curriculum is demanding and thorough, providing a well rounded and in depth education. Funding of this charter school is about 45% less per child than traditional schools in the district, yet overall state/federal test scores are 20% or more higher.

Posted April 01, 2010
I love that most every parent are hands on in our childrens education. It shows in the projects they are able to do and fieldtrips they attend.

Posted December 30, 2009
I love this school! All the teachers I've had are great. I hope to be here till 8th grade. Everyone are friendly. This school is awesome.

Posted October 29, 2009
This school is really dedicated to fitting every single child's needs. The teachers and faculty are very friendly and are there to help you learn. From different math classes to a variety of electives this school is the way to go.

Posted February 21, 2009
Its a wonderful school! I love the education I get here!

Posted January 16, 2009
This is a fantastic school. The academic quality is outstanding, the teachers, staff, and administration are very caring, helpful, and qualified. I know my child is receiving an outstanding education, and is being prepared for greatness.

15301 SE 92th Avenue, Portland, OR  97222
Last modified Cascade Heights Public Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cascade Heights Public Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top