Bad
Good

I'm an alumni from CHPCS and I was there from its opening. I attended the school for 5 years and got to see it grow from a tiny little school in a church basement to a thriving charter school. My time there holds my most cherished childhood memories both socially and educationally. I was challenged by the course study and the homework. My initial transition from public school was tough because I had to learn how to deal with my increased workload and wrestle with the higher level of thinking that the average fourth grader would not have to deal with in a traditional school setting. But as time went on I had to develop healthy work habits to keep up. These habits followed me into high school and soon into college. My classes were small consisting of no more than 22 at the beginning of the school. But as time went on and politics raged the class size was increased to 27 by the time I got into high school. However my education was never compromised. I made life long friends from Cascade Heights. Many of the classmates I graduated with from Cascade stayed with me all the way from fourth grade. During that 5 years I was able to forge a bond with many classmates that has and will be unbroken. We would refer to our class as a family and it truly felt like it. Thousands of hours spent together at camps, field trips, in class and after school has given me the best friends I have ever had. When I was still a student we were told that we were being prepared for college. At the time I didn't believe it, but having already taken college classes I can say that they were right. Going to Cascade Heights gave me a step up in high school. I actually felt bored in my freshman and sophomore years because my high school wouldn't let me take AP courses so early. I would recommend this school to anybody wanting a meaningful education that is challenging for their children. But be aware, this school is not for all children. It is fast paced and dedicated to being a step above other schools. If your child struggles in school because of laziness and motivation Cascade Heights will teach them new habits. However if your child has challenges out of their control there are schools that will have better programs to support them Cascade Heights is a college prep school. It is not for everyone. I have known students to fall behind and hate it.

Please notice that nearly all of the 5 star reviews are from PARENTS. Parents are not the one going to the school every day. The test scores may be good, but the way of learning is not at all. I learned almost nothing at this school and not only was I treated like I had no value, the 8th grade teacher was extremely rude and would try and humiliate you in front of the whole class if you were breaking one of her unreasonable rules. I do not recommend this school to ANYONE, and if you are a parent, I recommend for the sake of your child you find them another school.

Moving to this school was the best decision we ever made! My children are challenged and take school very seriously. They expect exceptional, respectful and dedicated students - mine took the challenge and ran with it. They came from our local school and were bored, bullied and obsessed with clothing brands. They see CHPCS as a privledge to attend. Please check us out if you are serious about your children's education.

Academics is stressed, yet not at the expense of the formation of the whole child. High standards for learning provide a solid foundation as practical application is taught in conjunction to maximize the talents of each student as unique individuals with unique talents. As per the dress code, there are many options and we've appreciated the lack of drama involved in our children not having to buy the most chic clothing to be either accepted or draw their confidence. Director Denman is open minded, yet holds the school to a high standard which continues to prove its prowess in both academics and forming responsible, confident individuals. This school should be given strong consideration by any parent looking to give their child the best chance to maximize their academic and individual potential.

We pulled our child from this school before she even attended as they refused to work with us regarding one item on the dress code and how it would aggravate a skin condition our child has. We were told that other people at the school had a similar condition and they just put up with it. No child should have to 'put up with' an aggravated skin condition just to satisfy this school's rigid and outdated dress requirements. If this school is that inflexible over a health condition, it may be safe to assume that they are equally inflexible on other issues as well. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone.

Cascade Heights is an outstanding school. This public school enrolls students via a lottery. The teachers are committed, creative and exceptional. Families are dedicated to school choice and an expectation of excellence, appropriate behavior and volunteering. The curriculum is demanding and thorough, providing a well rounded and in depth education. Funding of this charter school is about 45% less per child than traditional schools in the district, yet overall state/federal test scores are 20% or more higher.

I love that most every parent are hands on in our childrens education. It shows in the projects they are able to do and fieldtrips they attend.

I love this school! All the teachers I've had are great. I hope to be here till 8th grade. Everyone are friendly. This school is awesome.

This school is really dedicated to fitting every single child's needs. The teachers and faculty are very friendly and are there to help you learn. From different math classes to a variety of electives this school is the way to go.

Its a wonderful school! I love the education I get here!

Last modified Cascade Heights Public Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.