Public charter
Portland, OR

Knova Reynolds Public Charter School 1

Posted October 31, 2014
We enrolled our daughter at this school 3 years ago. At first it was fantastic, unfortunately, over the past years the school has gone down hill. They do not have enough desk and chairs for the students. Last year they did not have enough math books. The communication between the staff and parents is very poor. My daughter was involved in an incident with other students, and I was called to come get her because she was "sick". I was not told what happened over the phone or when I went in to pick her up. The principal, Mr. Cardona, doesn't seem to have any back bone what so ever. He refuses to address ongoing issues of bullying and sexual harassment among the students, even thought they have a zero tolerance policy that all of the parents and students are forced to sign at the beginning of every year. There is a very high rate of teacher turn over. The majority of the teachers are new every year, which makes me feel like my students are being treated as test dummies. The violence of the surrounding Rock Wood neighborhood is starting to seep into this school, and the staff is not willing to deal with the issue. Their "zero tolerance policy" is a joke.

Knova Reynolds Public Charter School 4

Posted September 15, 2014
Only negative is some concern in regards to how school is administered. Hopefully new principal and admin are changing things. When it comes to the important stuff - teaching our children, Knova gets an A+. Teachers are excellent, great education program. Although a long day in school, staff balance structured learning time with recess on the new playground, play, and creative activities. Appreciate 2 teachers per classroom and number of bilingual staff. Able to give kids small group and 1:1 attention so that kids thrive!

Knova Reynolds Public Charter School 5

Posted August 14, 2014
Not your typical school, but that's why we love it. Have had both my boys there. One started in Kindergarten (thank goodness) and the other in 7th grade. Wish I could've started my oldest out there; his educational experience would've been so different. The staff and teachers know each student and who they belong with so there is a familiarity that can't be matched in a public school. Communication is okay, but that also depends on the parent; it's as good as the parent makes it. Of course the building and location could be way better, but if that's all I have to complain about, I'll keep my mouth shut. The sense of community at this school far outweighs that. When my children's grades are lagging or behavior is troublesome, it's addressed immediately, not punished. The staff takes a team approach. I'm confused why the school has such a low rating when my boys are thriving. We had many experiences before this trying to find the right fit, now I can't imagine them going anywhere else.

Knova Reynolds Public Charter School 5

Posted March 26, 2014
My son transferred from a kindergarten class in Spokane, WA to Knova in Portland, OR. My son is very bright and frequently got in trouble at his former school due to boredom. There was poor communication from his Spokane school in methods to rectify his behavior. Since he has been at Knova, they have pushed him academically to succeed, and he has not had ANY behavior problems. The one concern I had regarding his social skills in the new school was addressed that same day by staff and he is now thriving. I highly reccomend Knova to anyone who wants their child to succeed, both academically and socially.

Knova Reynolds Public Charter School 4

Posted December 20, 2013
I have two students that attend here, one has been there for K-3rd grade, great curriculum however teachers are strait out of school with a lot of turn over, my oldest has been there 4-7th grades also has an iep school works well with this. My to complaints in the level of communication with parents and teachers with no experience both very frustrating to work with! location is not a safe part of town with no playground there playground is a blacktop!

Knova Reynolds Public Charter School
18201 SE Stark St, Portland, OR  97233
Last modified Knova Reynolds Public Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Knova Reynolds Public Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top