Portland, OR

Posted April 11, 2015
My son is a 7th grader and had been there going on his second yr.. Middle school is always the hardest for kids to deal with... With that said.... I feel the school does an ok job with students.... But for the ones needing more counseling and discipline they need to work on it a bit... Students should not be allowed to come to school if they have a bad rep or are constantly in trouble.... They should go to a more alternative school so that the students that are there to make something better for there lives can get the education they deserve...

Floyd Light Middle School 2

Posted February 13, 2012
I am currently a 7 th grader attending FLMS regularly and I have been beat up twice and and being harassed and insulted daily the princable ( Mr.Gaulke) is an in silting person who will treat you like a four year old by talking to you like your unrducated and then talk to your parents differently aside from calling my mom a bad parent for letting me " roam the community" because I am allowed to walk a quarter of a mile to socialize with my peers he also want deal with my situation the doesn't want to make Floyd ought look bad and doesn't want to make himself look bad . The teachers are okay some are fun and enjoyable but there is a hand full of teachers and staff members who enjoy making people sad I think but most Ida are well educated alwith the ocatinal underachiever . I do wish you luck on finding a new school but hope you surly think it through for Floyd light might not be the school for you or your child - connor dejeu

Floyd Light Middle School 1

Posted January 26, 2011
I use ro go to floyd light n i dident like it at all the vp was mean. My step brother gose there and her tells me that the rules, the teachers, n the homework are just dum. the teacher are mean n racit i dont like flyod light

Floyd Light Middle School 3

Posted November 08, 2010
FLMS is okay. Some of the teachers are unfair, racist, and mean. The security guard yelled at me because my mom was not there to pick me up yet. I told him she was at church and he continued to yell at me because my mom should not be at church while i was at a school event. He also yelled at my two friends and my twin brother. While the person that was picking us up pulled in. So, some of the teachers can be very disrespectful, others very polite. (btw: they're lunch is disgusting)

Posted August 06, 2010
My daughter goes to FLMS. She just finished the sixth grade and struggled a bit with getting homework in on time. Her teachers were very receptive and helped us come up with a game plan for her to get things done. We kept in constant contact, all teachers were responsive and supportive.

Floyd Light Middle School 5

Posted October 22, 2008

Posted July 02, 2008

Floyd Light Middle School 3

Posted March 08, 2008

Floyd Light Middle School 5

Posted October 09, 2007
Flms is the best school ever.I go there and think you can get involved in almost everything.the teachers r great and mr.vandaele and monteblanco rock!

Floyd Light Middle School 0

Posted October 09, 2007
I go to FLMS, and I am not impressed. The teachers here are very negative and the rules are too heavy on us.

Floyd Light Middle School
10800 SE Washington St, Portland, OR  97216
Last modified Floyd Light Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Floyd Light Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top