Portland, OR

Floyd Light Middle School 2

Posted February 13, 2012
I am currently a 7 th grader attending FLMS regularly and I have been beat up twice and and being harassed and insulted daily the princable ( Mr.Gaulke) is an in silting person who will treat you like a four year old by talking to you like your unrducated and then talk to your parents differently aside from calling my mom a bad parent for letting me " roam the community" because I am allowed to walk a quarter of a mile to socialize with my peers he also want deal with my situation the doesn't want to make Floyd ought look bad and doesn't want to make himself look bad . The teachers are okay some are fun and enjoyable but there is a hand full of teachers and staff members who enjoy making people sad I think but most Ida are well educated alwith the ocatinal underachiever . I do wish you luck on finding a new school but hope you surly think it through for Floyd light might not be the school for you or your child - connor dejeu

Floyd Light Middle School 1

Posted January 26, 2011
I use ro go to floyd light n i dident like it at all the vp was mean. My step brother gose there and her tells me that the rules, the teachers, n the homework are just dum. the teacher are mean n racit i dont like flyod light

Floyd Light Middle School 3

Posted November 08, 2010
FLMS is okay. Some of the teachers are unfair, racist, and mean. The security guard yelled at me because my mom was not there to pick me up yet. I told him she was at church and he continued to yell at me because my mom should not be at church while i was at a school event. He also yelled at my two friends and my twin brother. While the person that was picking us up pulled in. So, some of the teachers can be very disrespectful, others very polite. (btw: they're lunch is disgusting)

Floyd Light Middle School 4

Posted August 06, 2010
My daughter goes to FLMS. She just finished the sixth grade and struggled a bit with getting homework in on time. Her teachers were very receptive and helped us come up with a game plan for her to get things done. We kept in constant contact, all teachers were responsive and supportive.

Posted October 22, 2008

Floyd Light Middle School 4

Posted July 02, 2008

Floyd Light Middle School 3

Posted March 08, 2008

Posted October 09, 2007
Flms is the best school ever.I go there and think you can get involved in almost everything.the teachers r great and mr.vandaele and monteblanco rock!

Floyd Light Middle School 0

Posted October 09, 2007
I go to FLMS, and I am not impressed. The teachers here are very negative and the rules are too heavy on us.

Posted October 06, 2007
I love Floyd Light. FLMS has such a welcoming and open attitude to all of their students. There are so many great extracurricular activities and classes like choir, band, orchestra, dance, journalism, football, volleyball, basketball, wrestling, and track! Floyd Light has lots of fun things to participate in such as WEB, a program where 8th graders mentor and generally help out new 6th graders with middle school throughout the year. Floyd Light also has programs like TAG, standing for talented and gifted. It provides challenges for kids who do exceptionally well in school. On the other hand if your child struggles a bit there is an after school program called homework club, were a few teachers help the students with their homework and things they may be having trouble with in school. As you can see, Floyd Light is such a wonderful school were any child will thrive.

Floyd Light Middle School
10800 SE Washington St, Portland, OR  97216
Last modified Floyd Light Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Floyd Light Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top