Posted February 19, 2014
David Douglas High School is one of the best schools in Portland, Oregon. Moving from one school to another I found that DDHS has the best teachers, who care's about their students.

Posted October 16, 2013
My school is fantastic! The teacher's are one of a kind and do everything in their power to help students. Our student body is one of the most diverse and supportive in the state, by far.

Posted September 10, 2013
David Douglas High School is so impressive , the office staff is very friendly and helpful . The counselors extremely caring of their students and preparation for college, while making sure the student is having the best possible experience at David Douglas while attending . My daughter loves all her instructors. David Douglas High School is the only school to have an amazing after school program that works with the Jane Goodall Institute . With it's own arts building for theater and music , a swimming pool , tennis courts and overall enthusiasm of attending students, this gives the campus a terrific feel of community and diversity . There is something for everyone at this school and very welcoming . I feel no matter what school you attend , it is up to the individual . David Douglas High School helps with both creative individuality and working as a community . It is more like a college then a High School .With David Douglas working with Mt Hood Community College in receiving college credits it only helps prepare your child even more . What can improve is having the ideology that because the school is in a low income neighborhood you can't possibly succeed .

David Douglas High School 1

Posted April 11, 2012
I went to this school back in 2008 i believe. I was only there for a short time and it was heck. The security and principals had no respect for the students, they played by their own rules and had no concern for any students. I had a sister that is mentally disabled and had a worse time than me involving the management staff (security and principals). I am a student that gets in virtually no trouble and yet i was treated like i murdered someone. The counselors, principal, and the security unlawfully taken my cell phone (i didn't have it out nor was i even in the same room as my phone) and read my text messages (there was nothing bad i am weird with a weird sense of humor) and they continually laughed and made fun of me for at least two hours. And they take part in scare tactics and threats against their students. they are enablers of bullying and they take part in it themselves so that is why i have nothing good to say about this school.

David Douglas High School 3

Posted March 25, 2011
The teachers seem helpful & friendly, the office staff is not so friendly. The school is huge and my student felt lost in the crowds.

Posted March 31, 2010
I graduated from David Douglas in 2007 and had a wonderful experience there. With such a large school (over 3,000 students) and being able to have a voice and be able to do well is great. The fact that Douglas recommended and believed in music education while other schools were cutting it was only one reason why I liked it so much. With one nephew who graduated from there recently, and a niece currently attending, I don't have to worry about what kind of education they are receiving.

Posted November 09, 2009
I have lived in the same house in the same neighborhood and school district because I love it. The teachers are great- the parents are great- the school board cares. They didn't have to chop days off the calendar due to budget constraints- and- they are constantly getting government grants for having special programs. I have 7 kids and I wouldn't have raised them in any other district or sent them to any other shcool!

Posted May 08, 2009

Posted May 05, 2009
I am a substitute in several area districts and this is one of my favorite schools to work at. The staff seems to be doing creative projects; the school has a variety of electives and enrichment options; and the students are engaged, polite, and focused on learning. I'm always impressed by DDHS.

David Douglas High School 0

Posted November 26, 2008
I think that this school is amazing. With over 3,000 students the teachers are doing great jobs. David Douglas is very diverse, this makes it a great experience for teenagers.

David Douglas High School
1001 SE 135th Ave, Portland, OR  97233
Last modified David Douglas High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
David Douglas High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top