Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

Being fair to students is a joke unless if the teacher likes you, otherwise, you are on your own. I've seen students get punished for nothing, while others that should have gotten suspended received absolutely nothing.

DDHS is a wonderful school. There is something for every student. Though it is the largest HS in the state the school has worked hard to maintain the sports and arts programs as well as many other programs. Because there are so many choices every student has the ability to find a smaller "community" within the larger school community by getting involved in some of the programs offered. In our case my child became involved in was in music and theater. From the very first day the group was accepting and supportive. They encouraged each others differences and talents. My child grew in confidence due to the interaction with the teachers and students in these departments. I interacted with all of my student's teachers at different times through out the years and knew that in almost all cases the teachers were willing to do any thing to help my child be successful. I can't say enough good about DDHS.

David Douglas High School is one of the best schools in Portland, Oregon. Moving from one school to another I found that DDHS has the best teachers, who care's about their students.

My school is fantastic! The teacher's are one of a kind and do everything in their power to help students. Our student body is one of the most diverse and supportive in the state, by far.

David Douglas High School is so impressive , the office staff is very friendly and helpful . The counselors extremely caring of their students and preparation for college, while making sure the student is having the best possible experience at David Douglas while attending . My daughter loves all her instructors. David Douglas High School is the only school to have an amazing after school program that works with the Jane Goodall Institute . With it's own arts building for theater and music , a swimming pool , tennis courts and overall enthusiasm of attending students, this gives the campus a terrific feel of community and diversity . There is something for everyone at this school and very welcoming . I feel no matter what school you attend , it is up to the individual . David Douglas High School helps with both creative individuality and working as a community . It is more like a college then a High School .With David Douglas working with Mt Hood Community College in receiving college credits it only helps prepare your child even more . What can improve is having the ideology that because the school is in a low income neighborhood you can't possibly succeed .

I went to this school back in 2008 i believe. I was only there for a short time and it was heck. The security and principals had no respect for the students, they played by their own rules and had no concern for any students. I had a sister that is mentally disabled and had a worse time than me involving the management staff (security and principals). I am a student that gets in virtually no trouble and yet i was treated like i murdered someone. The counselors, principal, and the security unlawfully taken my cell phone (i didn't have it out nor was i even in the same room as my phone) and read my text messages (there was nothing bad i am weird with a weird sense of humor) and they continually laughed and made fun of me for at least two hours. And they take part in scare tactics and threats against their students. they are enablers of bullying and they take part in it themselves so that is why i have nothing good to say about this school.

The teachers seem helpful & friendly, the office staff is not so friendly. The school is huge and my student felt lost in the crowds.

I graduated from David Douglas in 2007 and had a wonderful experience there. With such a large school (over 3,000 students) and being able to have a voice and be able to do well is great. The fact that Douglas recommended and believed in music education while other schools were cutting it was only one reason why I liked it so much. With one nephew who graduated from there recently, and a niece currently attending, I don't have to worry about what kind of education they are receiving.

I have lived in the same house in the same neighborhood and school district because I love it. The teachers are great- the parents are great- the school board cares. They didn't have to chop days off the calendar due to budget constraints- and- they are constantly getting government grants for having special programs. I have 7 kids and I wouldn't have raised them in any other district or sent them to any other shcool!

I am a substitute in several area districts and this is one of my favorite schools to work at. The staff seems to be doing creative projects; the school has a variety of electives and enrichment options; and the students are engaged, polite, and focused on learning. I'm always impressed by DDHS.

Last modified David Douglas High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.