Posted April 03, 2014
My kid joined Lenox in Sep 2013. It is a nice school which not only teaches it's students academics, but also values. Their motto Be Safe, Be Responsible, Be Respectable says it all! My kid enjoys going to school, likes his teacher and feel good about getting recognized when he does a good job with this neat little pride ticket system they have. The Principal is very dedicated and professional. They have some good after school programs. Also, Lenox is a drop off location for terracycle. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- On a more personal note, I would like to take this opportunity to thank the gentleman for giving me his seat at the kids musical performance today!

Posted October 23, 2013
We have been at this school for three years now. It is a sweet little school with a very caring and dedicated principal. I often drive by on my way back from the movies around 9 or 10 at night and his car is still at the school and his office light on. That my friends is dedication. He knows every kids' name and speaks with a soft but firm voice. Several of the teachers are beyond outstanding. If you look hard enough you could probably find negatives but what's the point? The booster club is a group of moms and dads and grandparents that want to help make the school a great place to learn. And I dare you to find even one child that isn't in awe of Mrs. Baker the custodian. She goes above and beyond providing "Baker bucks' and prizes for kids that assist in the cafeteria and on their recess. all three of our children love the special days when they have music, PE and library.

Lenox Elementary School 3

Posted September 03, 2013
Very disorganized. I did not recieve any papers on who the teacher was, or what the classroom number was. On the first day coming home from school the bus was 30 minutes late! When I called transportation to see where my daughter was, their excuse was that it was the first day and it's to be expected. 10 minutes late is, in my opinion, acceptable. Not 30 mminutes. The staff would much rather hang up on you than apologize.

Posted May 17, 2013
Small neighborhood schools are the BEST. We thought about putting our children in a private school but after seeing all the programs they offer and the quality of the teachers and principal, why would we pay for something that is farther away and maybe not as good. We love Lenox and love that all of our children's friends live in the neighborhood and now can walk home with them. They offer Art Night, Science Fair, Carnival and numerous other great enrichment events. Very very happy with Lenox! Submitted by a parent

Posted April 24, 2013
We are very happy with our experience so far at Lenox! It is a great school!

Posted September 08, 2010
Lenox is a fantastic school. The teachers are top notch, the principal is amazing, and the booster club works very hard to provide everything the students and staff need. People will always find something to complain about. We've been at Lenox for 7 years and not one time have I ever been turned away as a volunteer. Volunteers are vital to Lenox and everyone is welcome and encouraged to jump in and help out in any way they can. Parents can go eat lunch with their child at any time, chaparone field trips, teach art to a class, make photocopies for teachers, etc., etc. To say parents are not welcome at school is completely untrue!

Posted June 08, 2010
My daughter has attended Lenox Elementary for two years. She will be changing schools during the 2010-2011 school year due to us purchasing a home, however her time at Lenox has been enjoyable and she really does love it there. I would agree to the prior posts the the Booster club is a clique, but if you approach them they are welcoming and appreciate any parent involvement. The principal, Mr. Matsuo, is a huge blessing for this school. Never have I seen a principal so passionate about his staff, students, and parents. He is actively involved and knows every child by name. We're going to miss Lenox a great deal. I only pray that our new elementary will be just as great if not better. Remember a school is a school and there will always be a negative teacher, parent, etc. Don't allow minute negatives outay what this school offers.

Lenox Elementary School 1

Posted June 05, 2010
I am on this site looking to put my daughter in a different school. The teaching staff is not friendly or helpful. My daughter was new to Oregon and Lenox this year. The teachers have favorites and have not helped my daughter or me navigate her successfully through this painful process. The booster club and parents are clique-ish as well. Overall not a warm, friendly, or genuine environment.

Lenox Elementary School 0

Posted November 24, 2009
Lenox is a great public elementary school with enthusiastic teachers and high parental involvement. The only week area is the Booster Club. It is a clique group that run it and is discouraging for new parents that may want to become more involved. Fund raising could be more successful if the group was more inviting.

Posted August 30, 2009
My children will be at this school this year. Office staff is very friendly and the kindergarten teacher (the only teacher I've encountered thus far) is absolutely outstanding! As for Booster Club...went to one meeting and did not feel very welcome. Overall a place my kids enjoy, and I feel great about sending them there.

Lenox Elementary School
21200 NW Rock Creek Blvd, Portland, OR  97229
Last modified Lenox Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lenox Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.