Posted September 10, 2013
My son is in 1st grade at Russell. When we started there in kindergarten I realized just how great of a school it really is. The teachers are attentive and very caring! And they have a great reading program! My son was reading at a second grade level by the end of kindergarten. He couldn't wait for summer break to be over so he could go back to school! We love Russell Academy! Love that they require uniforms! And love the the overall atmosfer in the school, all the kids always seem happy! I can't wait till my daughter starts kindergarten there next year! Oh, and they are in process of building a new music/ multi purpose room! And they even have a full time music teacher now!! This school is the best of the best! I am so greatful it is my neighborhood school! We are very fortunate to be a part of this wonderful school!

Posted January 18, 2012
I have a daughter with high functioning Autism and transferred her from another school. We are pleased with her progress. Everyone from the school secretary, teachers assistants, and the lunch lady are extrememly nurturing and kind. My daughter loves going to school and can't wait to share what she's learned. Leaving a child with special needs in the care of strangers is difficult and we may worry more than most. When I drop off my daughter at Russell, I know she's in wonderful hands and she's receiving a great education.

Posted April 07, 2010
Smart and caring teachers,staffs and volunteers help make this school one of the best in my community.

Posted November 03, 2009
We are a school full of smart students and smart teachers. We are committed to growing and getting better every day. Teachers and students collaborate to more effectively improve ourselves and our school. We work to have a peaceful and successful environment where everyone is cared for and safe to take risks.

Russell Academy 4

Posted August 26, 2008

Posted October 07, 2007
My children are transfers from another school, my kids were not very happy at their past school. Since they started at Russell they are happy and enjoy learning again, they have lots of new friends, and they are enjoying reading and math a lot. I have not heard one complaint from them about the school and that just makes me so happy, they come home with smiles on their faces and are excited to tell me about what they learned and did at school that day. Out of a 1 -10 and 10 being the best Russell Academy scores a 10 in my book!

Posted April 01, 2007
Russell Academy has terrific leadership with Mr. Rose as the principal. He brings out the best in each staff and student. The staff is incredible, as are the parents who volunteer. The code of dress, school pledge, and other disciplines that are implemented make it a safe and fun learning environment. We are thankful to have our son at this fine school. I would highly recommend other schools, including middle and high school grades following this protocol as this will help all students to do their best especially as they get into higher grades.

Russell Academy 4

Posted May 14, 2004
This is a elementary school that is personable, caring, compasionate and has carried the abilitiy to see all positives in each individual child and their learning capabilities.

Russell Academy
2700 NE 127th Ave, Portland, OR  97230
Last modified Russell Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Russell Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top