Bad
Good

Shaver leaves a lot to be desired. I have seen teachers in childrens faces yelling at them untill they cry. Teachers walk around the school with a scowl on their face. The turn over is high. This school does not meet up too a grade schools standards. Other th

So far my child has been going to this school for the second year, and this is the third principal. What's going on with the stability?????

Shaver has a great, caring staff who somehow manage to make it work with classrooms of close to 40 students and a good many non-English speakers.

Both of my children attended Shaver K-5 and overall I was very happy. So many of the teachers are wonderful, but Shaver gets a bad rap because it's low-income and multi-cultural. Despite the class sizes, ELL, special needs, and highly mobile students, children can and do excel at Shaver. Even when we had the opportunity to transfer to another elementary school in the district, we chose to stay. The staff and teachers there made that an easy decision to make. Every school can use improvement, and if more parents would get involved at Shaver it would definitely benefit the kids and teachers alike.

My child has been going to Shaver for five years now. For the most part, I've been pleased with this school, the Principal, and all of the teachers and staff. I've found Ms. Bartman to be highly qualified, professional, fair, and very patient. All of the teachers my child had have been very good, if not a little harried due to their class size. For many years I believed that a charter school would offer a better education. When the opportunity came up, I transferred my child to one. It was not a good fit. I realized that Shaver was just as good a school, if not better, despite the large class sizes. After 3 months at the charter school, I transferred my child back to Shaver. Shaver is a good school, even with large class sizes and budget cuts. They are doing the best they can.

Last modified Shaver Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.