Portland, OR

Alameda Elementary School 1

Posted May 06, 2013
We have not had a great experience here.I can not recommend this school ,we will be switching schools soon.

Posted April 26, 2012
Alameda is one of the best places to go! All the teachers look after you and care about your learning progression.

Alameda Elementary School 3

Posted November 08, 2010
Three of my children attend Alameda. Huge bullying problem, plus passive aggressive staff (principle included) where they ll cover the law, but not the problem. AND can t fire a bad teacher in Portland (Gates Foundation gives PDX schools a 49th US ranking in connection between pay and skills AKA none). Too many union-supported but below average teachers are parked here.

Posted September 16, 2009
My father & my kids both went to Alameda Elementary School, it is a great school and wonderful to have in the neighborhood.

Posted September 16, 2009
Although Alameda is the largest K-5 in Portland--serving approximately 720 students--the dedicated staff and highly involved parents have created a warm and welcoming community of learners.

Posted March 09, 2009
I have two children in Alameda. We moved to Portland from St. Louis, Missouri, where both attended private school. Alameda, it's staff, philosophies and curriculum are, in almost every way, equal to what our kids experienced in private school. The parent involvement is outstanding, and there is a great atmosphere of learning and living at Alameda. The school building itself is a bit worn and doesn't represent the progressive atmosphere of the faculty. The intense diligence in the Three R's sometimes slights the Arts within the curriculum, but the school does seem to be aware of this and making strides toward balance, most notably with the music program, which includes an excellent regular program instructor, and guest instructors such as Mr. Nelson, one of the finest teachers of any subject I've encountered.

Alameda Elementary School 4

Posted May 28, 2008
This school has a wonderful Media Center, well equiped, light, and beautiful. Many of the teachers have worked there a very long time. The academics are fair, kids probably do very well because they have very involved parents who are educated and the kids would do well whereever they attended schools. The teachers are good for many of the children but I believe they may 'congratulate' themselves more than they deserve. Alameda does have a strong Special Ed program and that staff are very caring and seem to do a great job with many of the children, most are able to be in the regular class, which is a great experience for all the children. There is a problem with bullying at this school, and it is very large, over 675 elementary kids.

Alameda Elementary School 0

Posted April 08, 2008
I have 3 girls; ages23, 18, and 9. My youngest daughter has attended Alameda since Kindergarten. We have been so impressed not only with the teachers, but the interaction of the principal with the students. This school truly cares about the childs education. The other impressive thing about Alameda is safety. Not only do their stress safety by teaching, but they make sure that the individual that is to pick up your child from school is authorized to pick up your child. Sadly, we are moving to South Carolina at the end of this school year due to my job relocating. I will miss Alameda, the staff, and the students greatly. Most of all, I will miss the education my daughter would have obtained. I can only hope that South Carolina has great schools like Alameda.

Posted December 01, 2007

Alameda Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2006
We found the school aging and perhaps scant in diversity but our child has blossomed with the programming and the safe and encouraging environment. They do very well with a wide range of disadvantaged families as well as with the standard economic range of those represented by the neighborhood make up. The local PTA seems well organized and connected to the community, both in the business as well as residential marketing and fundraising areas. They are probably not changing to K-8 like many of the other area schools because of the already overcrowded classrooms.

Alameda Elementary School
2732 NE Fremont St, Portland, OR  97212
Last modified Alameda Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alameda Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top