Portland, OR

Faubion Elementary School 1

Posted September 12, 2014
There is good reason this school gets a 3 rating. There is poor overall leadership at this school which impacts quality. The district itself is struggling. Too bad the university next door is not making more of an impact like University of Washington does on education in Seattle.

Faubion Elementary School 5

Posted October 08, 2013
We have 2 children at this school & have had nothing but a wonderful experience. The teachers are attentive, caring, & put the kids' education first & foremost. We have music, PE, art, & a great SUN program. The kids are happy! Our principal is our biggest cheerleader & has blossomed our relationship with Concordia University.

Faubion Elementary School 4

Posted September 23, 2013
I have a second grader at Faubion and we have been happy with her overall experience. Her teachers are caring and have been attentive to her education needs. The administrative staff has done an amazing job to offer a wide variety of enrichments to our students. We have a great after school program and an active community. Our students are offered a lot of extracurricular activities despite being a Title I school. I'd love to see more music education at our school and maybe some more Latino/a cultural education, but overall we are happy our daughter is a Faubion Bulldog.

Faubion Elementary School 5

Posted May 08, 2013
i went her from k-5 and it was amazing ! all the teachers are super helpful and actually want you to do good. I even stayed in touch with some and they gave me advice in choosing a high school. i heard that the school did get a bit more strict (student manager) but that was it. When i went to middle school i knew more than kids from other schools. I knew more about the revolutionary war, european explorers, i was a better speller, etc . i loved it here.

Faubion Elementary School 2

Posted January 12, 2012
The Student Manager is awful towards the students. His method of teaching is intimidation and fear. I was/am extremely uncomfortable with this approach. Other teachers have been wonderful, however.

Posted October 04, 2009
The staff and teachers at Faubion are dedicated to the students and their education.

Posted October 04, 2009
The principal is amazing, the kids are active learners and self-motivated, the staff and faculty are friendly, helpful and brilliant. The aesthetics of the school are pretty great also!

Posted October 04, 2009
I do not see how this school received so many stars.As a parent like many parents of children that go to that school, I am highly concerned.the second grade has 40 children in one class. And the bullying gets worse every year.Not to mention children wait outside in the cold unchaperoned before breakfast.It breaks my heart to see things like that and have my child go to a place like that.That is why I am pulling out. Sincerely , a concerned parent

Faubion Elementary School 4

Posted May 27, 2009
My son is just finishing Kindergarten and has had a great learning experience with a motivated and caring teacher. The new principal is hardworking and making changes to really improve Faubion. The staff and teachers really go above and beyond and their passion for their profession is evident. The after school SUN program is one of the best in the PPS with a wide variety of activities for the students. Faubion even has a rock wall installed with funds from SUN and the PTA. The only negative is the lack of parental involvement. Faubion could be even better with more volunteers in the classroom and in the PTA.

Faubion Elementary School 3

Posted March 28, 2008
I have concerns about overall school safety. There does not appear to be sufficient supervision on playground, or before and after school. I would like to see more teachers holding students accountable for their behaviors. As Faubion's model is transitioning to a PreK-8 I feel it is vital to stress the importance of appropriate behaviors.

3039 NE Portland Blvd, Portland, OR  97211
Last modified Faubion Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Faubion Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top