Posted June 06, 2014
Many kids there are very violent and we have had students punch teachers, and punch other students! Don't send your child here!

Posted May 11, 2014
If you can avoid going to Hosford, do. Teachers are apathetic about student achievement. PPS sends students with discipline problems from all over the city there. My son was bullied horribly and the teachers and administration ignored it. You only have to visit once to see it's not working

Posted February 18, 2014
Hosford is a horrible school! Half the school is failing and will fail in life!!! From what I have seen the mandarin immersion student are the one only successful ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would not recommend coming if you are a person of color!

Posted August 10, 2011
I was a student at Hosford; and it prepared me greatly for Cleveland high school. I have always had a very unique way of viewing education (in that if I could choose, I wouldn't go to school at all because I would be far better able to grow and learn on my own.) However, Hosford was a great place with many super-qualified teachers on hand. For example, Mr. Zakoura is perhaps the most intelligent person I know. He could and should be teaching a college class at Stanford or Berkley, but he chooses to be at Hosford because of the great environment and the schools goals of providing every child great education. It is easy to achieve excellence when a school only has middle to upper class white students attending (*cough cough*); but Hosford provides the opportunity to achieve excellence to everybody, no matter how much their family makes, the color of their skin, or the circumstances in which they grew up. Hosford truly amazes me, and for I person who detests school, Hosford was a wonderful place to learn. -Griffin Gonzales, class of 2010.

Hosford Middle School 2

Posted February 23, 2011
The students are rude, disrespectful, and out of control. Teachers don't do much about it anyway. When you're walking in the hallway to get to class, it's like a jungle. People are yelling and slamming others into lockers, profanities are being tossed back and forth. As far as I see it, you wouldn't want to go here.

Posted June 05, 2009
This is one of the most welcoming schools I have ever been at, and I've been to many. The teachers and staff are all supportive. I love how people like the librarians and office workers learn everyone's names, even thought they rarely see them!

Posted November 11, 2008
I myself am a student at hosford its the best school ever!

Hosford Middle School 0

Posted July 18, 2008
Hosford Middle School is an Amazing school. I recommend going. The Teachers were extremely nice, and were always on task and doing their job. They know how to make learning fun. The School was safe. well just for more info go to their web-sight.

Hosford Middle School 2

Posted May 26, 2008
My son has had a horrible time at Hosford. The kids are out of control and the teachers don't seem to do much about it. I have had so many issues I even had to go to school with my son for a few days to try and get to the bottom of it.

Posted April 26, 2008

Hosford Middle School
2303 SE 28th Place, Portland, OR  97214
Last modified Hosford Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hosford Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top