Posted February 23, 2012
My child has attended this school for 7 years. The staff is very open and accessible. I love the fact that my daughter knows the kids in the neighborhood and can walk to school daily. Each and every day you will be greeted at the door by the principal and community volunteers. Every teacher in the building will know your child. It's rare that you get this hands on with a teaching community. My daughter exceeds in state testing so please look into state test results and check out this caring school! My daughter has had opportunities for TAG, Adidas Soccer camps, Summer Programming, athletics, art, SMART reading, and many other opportunities to enhance her education. I highly recommend this school to parents and kids that are PK - 5th!

Posted February 21, 2012
We LOVE being part of a neighborhood school! Our kids are thriving and Humboldt has a fantastic staff with many teachers that have been there for 10+ yrs. Humboldt has small class sizes, great community partners, SEI/SUN programs, Playworks, a community garden and an engaged PTA. Come check it our for yourself!

Posted February 12, 2012
My daughter has been at Humboldt for 3 years and we consider her school part of our family and neighborhood community. Her teachers have always been willing to challenge her and make sure she remains engaged. I would love to see more of the local families send their children to this welcoming school that offers small class sizes, caring teachers, and a growing and active PTA.

Posted February 08, 2012
This year my son started 5th grade at humboldt. He is happy and engaged in class excited to get his homework completed and eager to get to school each morning. He loves the different opportunites he gets to do. HIs teachers are willing to take their time to talk with me either before school or on the phone. We have been very please with our time at humboldt.

Posted February 07, 2012
If you are looking for small class sizes and caring teachers, Humboldt is the place to be! My kids classes sizes are 16 in kindergarten and 24 in first grade. They are both thriving and enjoying their neighborhood school.

Humboldt Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
As a community activist, this little jewel of a school that has faced the threat of closure, the threat of failing (NCLB) and the threat of lack of community support, has prevailed. The parent base is economically challenged, the district tends to put attention on schools with a strong parent resource base and yet this school continues to show strength. Please support the need for resources and and the importance of keeping neighborhood schools viable. The new principal can make this jewel stand out with your help and support.

Posted September 11, 2007
Our little one is thriving at Humbold! Spend some time at the school, and you'll see what a great place it is.

Posted August 22, 2005
- a former student
humboldt is an unbeliveable school. the teachers are so patient with the students and are understanding.humboldt is the best school you can send your children to if you want them to suceed and believe that they can do and be anything they want if they get a good education.

Posted April 28, 2005
Humboldt is a clean, artistic, diverse school. I find staff very caring. I would love to see this school receive the funding it needs.

Posted November 24, 2004
My wife and I are extremely pleased with the attention to detail that is given to our children. I would highly recommend that K-12 schools look at some of the things being done within Humboldt as a model. This is a great place to learn not only 'book' skills, but life and social skills as well.

Humboldt Elementary School
4915 North Gantenbein Ave, Portland, OR  97217
Last modified Humboldt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8
Humboldt Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top