Posted July 17, 2014
My daughter has really struggled with bullying at King School. The middle school kids are really rough, and mean. Girls have fistfights in the halls. Teachers are teaching classes that they're not certified to teach, and admin is a mess. I can't recommend it.

King Elementary School 4

Posted May 24, 2014
Proud to be a part of our neighborhood school. King school is: -Dedication. From leadership, to staff and teachers, to students and parents. -World IB school multicultural education and character building -Chinese Immersion program as of 2014 -Turnaround Arts School: a plethora of Resident Artists and enrichment and after school activities including -Drama, Choir, African drumming, Mexican Folkdance, Chess, Tennis, Yoga, Sports -School Garden and partnerships with local King Farmer's market and Whole Foods We are so lucky to be a part of this growing community!

King Elementary School 4

Posted September 27, 2011
I am glad that King School is my neighborhood school. My son comes home and says: "I loooove I.B.!" He is referring to his units that are part of the International Baccalaureate program. With the adoption of this interdisciplinary curriculum and vigorous differentiation to meet every child at his or her at his level of ability, King is making major strides. I most definitely am a parent and a regular participant as a PTA member, so I am mystified by the comment by the parent of the sixth grader. She says she attended a parent meeting but her concerns were never raised in a PTA meeting. If a problem like she describes were to come to us as a parent community, we would have worked alongside her to get them resolved--whatever it took.

Posted June 06, 2011
I don't normally post reviews but it is clear that the other 2 reviews were not posted by parents. My oldest attended King for 1/2 of his 6th grade. At first I was excited that the teacher/student ratio was low but there was a reason. The teachers spent 50% of the time keeping the students inline and the other 50% trying to conduct learning. They have failed to meet state guidelines every year. My son who used to love school now hates it. I fought long and hard to get him into another school. He was bullied constantly and learned nothing while there. I was at the school weekly dealing with threats placed upon my child. I attended Parent meeting, met with the principal and wrote countless letters to the superintendent. I am now faced with my youngest entering into school and the district has denied her transfers and has placed her in King. I will not do this again. If you wish for a great education for your child...it is not here.

King Elementary School 5

Posted January 30, 2009
King school seems like the best kept secret in Portland. The student teacher ratio is low, teachers are energetic and committed, and it's soon to have an IB program! The test scores are not reflective of the positve energy and collaborative atmosphere of King. My son loves it and so do I.

Posted December 03, 2008

King Elementary School 5

Posted April 19, 2007
king has the most awesome choir class. they provide you with the greatest teachers. anything you can ask for in a school king has it all.

King Elementary School
4906 NE 6th Ave, Portland, OR  97211
Last modified King Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
King Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top