Posted December 12, 2013
Laurelhurst Elementary is an absolutely wonderful school. This is my daughter's first year at Laurelhurst (4th grade), and everyone has been friendly and supportive. During the first week of school, the principal even made the extra effort (in a non-invasive way) to go check in and see how she was acclimating. My daughter's teacher is amazing - she's a strong class leader who covers a vast amount of information, while being kind, enthusiastic, creative and engaging. She's great at keeping the parents informed on the class activities and also on how our children are doing. My daughter is thrilled to be in her class and has the utmost respect for her, as do I. We feel so incredibly fortunate to be a part of this wonderful school and it's community.

Posted January 22, 2012
The school has been great. We enrolled our son in kindergarten here, and we have had a great experience. The staff is experienced and skilled, and our son's only complaint is that the school day is too short, even though he is there from before 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. The facilities are excellent, and the classroom is not at all crowded. Our boy has learned a lot during his first year here, and we look forward to many more years in this environment.

Posted January 24, 2011
I am thrilled with the school. We have moved from out of state and both my children have transitioned well into the school. The staff is outstanding and the academics are high. Laurelhurst truly is a nurturing environment and the parent participation is huge. My children are thriving and that is a testament to the school.

Posted October 05, 2010
The academic standards are very high. Yet, the teachers are warm, caring, and nurturing.

Posted October 05, 2010
Creative and friendly - full of innovative ideas and dedicated parents

Posted May 11, 2010
The staff is outstanding and the involvement of the parents raises the level of education.

Posted April 22, 2010
My grandchildren are getting a terrific education. Teachers are excellent, curiculum is outstanding, and it's a fine school

Posted April 14, 2010
LH is a community of staff and parent helpers,families who connect in and out of school..all for one purpose. We care so much about our school and our kids. Most of the teachers have taught here for many years. I love LH because we communicate well to each other for one common goal. We care about the community that surrounds Portland and we want everyone to succeed. Dawn Corliss makes it happen.

Posted April 13, 2010
Laurelhurst has a warm, nurturing environment of teachers, staff, and parents. We moved into the neighborhood when my older son was a 3rd grader and were warmly embraced by families and staff. The teachers our children have had are professional, caring, and go over and above to give the kids relevant and meaningful lessons and don't teach to the test. Laurelhurst has a high level of parent support and high academic expectations. It's a wonderful school!

Posted April 13, 2010
I love Laurelhurst because it is filled with kind, creative, bright children who love to learn. We recently became a K-8 and the school is tiny. It's been tough for a lot of the kids but at the same time the kids feel so supported by great teachers and caring parents. It truly is a neighborhood school.

Laurelhurst Elementary School
840 NE 41st Ave, Portland, OR  97232
Last modified Laurelhurst Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laurelhurst Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top