Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school teaches the children how to be kind, respectful, empathetic, and friendly. The schools MindUp program teaches the kids how to control their behavior. The school has a great anti-bully campaign.

Our family loves the Marysville school. My son enjoys going to school and finds it fun and exciting. He loves his teachers and fellow classmates. Principle Lana is doing an excellent job. The parents and students love her! The staff and teachers are highly qualified and excel at their jobs. They are friendly and work well with the parents club. I have never witnessed any bullying in the school, and we hang out in the playground every day for about an hour. The school has improved over the last few years, especially since they implemented the MindUP program in 2014. MindUp was created by actress Goldie Hawn and The Hawn Foundation. Goldie worked with Dr. Daniel J. Siegel to create the MindUp program for schools, and it is being successfully used in schools all over the world. Siegel received his medical degree from Harvard University. He is a professor of clinical psychiatry at the UCLA School of Medicine and Executive Director of the Mindsight Institute. The library has the MindUp books available so you can research the program. Check out "10 Mindful Minutes: Giving Our Children--and Ourselves--the Social and Emotional Skills to Reduce St ress and Anxiety for Healthier, Happy Lives" by Goldie Hawn; and "Mindsight: The New Science of Personal Transformation" by Daniel J. Siegel. Marysville is becoming very popular because they are the only school in the area using MindUp. Ignore the bad reviews about bullying. Principle Lana has eliminated bullying from the school, and they now teach an anti-bullying program to the students. Our family highly recommends Marysville. The school is amazing!

This school is ran very bad! Bully problems are a big problem here. Don't send your kids here if u don't have to. Plenty of better schools in the area.

cont---here is the problem my son who has special needs has a bus come get him sometimes early sometimes late so i have to put him on the bus...sorry so better late then never there is a lot of discrimination i think....if was a doctor bringing my kids late nothing would be said ....would be great if transportation was available...my daughter shouldn't have to go everyday thinking shes behind lol in kinder garden....thanks for reading one thing i will say thats good is the lady that works in the office is a great christian person....

I am so happy we made the choice to send our kids to this school! The teachers are so wonderful and the kids are generally so nice! It is certainly an issue that many children who attend her are lower income and face problems in school related to poverty and that is an added challenge for the teachers, but it is wonderful the amount of diversity that is in this school. My children get to learn and be friends with bright kids from all over the world and also learn compassion for those kids who are struggling. I looked at some of the other magnet type schools and came to the conclusion that being surrounded with privileged children has its own social problems and issues that negatively effect learning, and ultimately i want my children to learn kindness and have a more realistic view of the world. One thing to know about test scores when judging this school is that at least half if not more of the kids here are ESL, so standardized test scores may not be a good way to measure how well the school is doing, or representative of how well your kid might do if they aren't having to learn 2 languages and test in English when they speak another language in their home.

bad school don't send your kids here if you don't have to major bullying school doesn't do nothing about it at all don't even contact parent parent meetings if problems i had 3 kids go here all of them tortured in the one year of going here worst school ever plus kids have to take a bus clear in ne Portland im moving to get out of this horrible school district it's the worse school ever ... do not do not go here ever your kids will be abused tortured bullied and this school does nothing at all plus suspends from a bus if a kid if they don't tell on another kid that threatens them to beat them up if they tell on them

My son attend this school. It is his first year here, we moved from another district. My son hates going here. He is picked on constantly tells teachers and nothing seems to happen. They do not deal with bullies in my experience with them when a child tells them over and over and they do nothing. The child tried to stand up for themselves and they get a referral....RIDICULOUS. Like when a child physically hurt my son...nothing was done. But my son gets referral for something that was an accident? How is that right? Seriously considering going back to previous school and driving the 20 minutes there and back. My son really does not deserve this. He keeps asking me if we are moving so he can change schools and says and I QUOTE "I want my life back" This is something that should not be coming out of an 8 year olds mouth....SERIOUSLY.

This was the first school both of my kids ever attended. They went to this school for about 3 years. They are now in 7th and 8th grade, and looking back they say they loved this school. My son says it's his all time favorite school out of the schools he's been to.

I am a teacher at Marysville. I wanted to thank all of you that commented on this website! The staff at Marysvilee are a tight knit community and we love what we do! We especially love teaching your children! Thank you for all your kind words!

the teachers are great but everyone else is not. my son is in 8th and he says there is not enough enrichment classes.

Last modified Marysville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.