Portland, OR

Rigler Elementary School 1

Posted April 18, 2015
The school has been nothing but a head ache for my son and I. For one, they have put the English only speaking classes in a really bad position by only having one English only class per grade. The administration actively try to not speakto the parents about issues that occur in the class and my son has a lot of students that need more help than given. I have spoke to the principle and vice principle many times and each time ththe said changes were going to be made and nothing happened. We are at the end of the school year and the principle is now being investigated and teachers are looking for a new school of employment. I have now transfered my son out of this school and I couldn't have made a better decision.

Rigler Elementary School 3

Posted September 12, 2014
Let's see more posts please. Hard to draw a conclusion if no one participates in rating this school. Where is the pride or lack there of.

Rigler Elementary School 4

Posted May 07, 2010
Rigler has so many great things going for it and each year it gets better! My children have had great teachers and have made wonderful friends.

Posted May 06, 2010
They work to inspire their students to grow and they invest in programs that will help them reach their goals. I taught a special program there, Loud and Clear, public speaking for students. This gift of $20,000 would do remarkable thigs for them.

Posted October 01, 2009
Wonderful teachers in a dual Spanish immersion environment!

Rigler Elementary School 2

Posted August 26, 2009
Rigler is nice, but I was not very pleased with the amount of engaging activities for my son. The teachers, while their concern for the kids is readily apparent, are overloaded. And this makes it difficult to focus on the kids who need and/or deserve a better learning environment. I love the fact that they have a diverse student body, but I fear that some learning opportunities are hindered for some student because the staff must also cater to the needs of students who are not fluent with the english language. Not only does it create a communication and language barrier for the students, but it also creates a learning barrier.

Rigler Elementary School 5

Posted November 19, 2008
My daughter just started 3rd grade here and we are happy. She was going to school at Woodmere in SE Portland and compared to that school Rigler is the best!

Rigler Elementary School 4

Posted May 18, 2008
We love Rigler school. Our son is in 1st grade in the immersion class. The teachers really take the time to get to know you and your child, and they are on top of the kids to make sure things go as they should! Very happy with the curriculum, and also love that they have a music program this year!

Posted May 17, 2008
This school is really turning around. The new principal Mrs. Cunin is awesome. She speaks spanish, knows the kids and is moving the teachers to be better.

5401 NE Prescott St, Portland, OR  97218
Last modified Rigler Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rigler Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top