Portland, OR

Whitman Elementary School 5

Posted May 18, 2015
Great Community involvement at Whitman they recently added a school garden. The Ladies in the office are always so nice and caring with my children. They have a great ESL program here and my children have excelled in this school all the teachers we have had have been great. They offer free after school family activities we really enjoyed the Zumba class last year!

Whitman Elementary School 4

Posted April 26, 2010
There are many master teachers at work here, and the principal is amazing. The staff is committed to kids understanding the world and making good choices steer their future in the right direction. As a volunteer, I see every classroom and this school does so much with so little in the way of extra funds or help.

Whitman Elementary School 1

Posted April 03, 2010
My kids got lucky with decent teachers but the neighborhood, location and the personal service of the office staff are far from what I call satisfactory.

Posted February 21, 2010
There are a few members of the staff that dont seem to care about the well-being of the children, they was an incident that happened at this school with my child and now he longer has the motivation or ambition to go to school.

Posted November 04, 2009
the staff and parents get involved! It is a great community much of my husband and my own family have attended Whitman and not much has changed even now my own daughter attends Kindergarten. Her teacher is wonderful. The whole Portland Public Schools get Free Breakfast, and Whitman has a wonderful Art and PE curriculum. Kindergarten is 5days a week with full days 8:40 to 3:00! and as always for this school and all others every little bit helps and $20,000 could really go along way for us! Thanks

7326 SE Flavel St, Portland, OR  97206
Last modified Whitman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whitman Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top