Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter was bullied on a daily basis by staff and students the environment just was safe for her and she's struggled in her learning so she's three years behind! The principal and half the staff are jokes!

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

All I can say is somewhat it's not all the teachers that don't care just some of them and thAt is sad

Amount of homework: no rating

The homework was very difficult for my child and she had no help with it so there fore"F" in red letters were marked on her paper on a daily basis , teacher told her she had to teach what was given to her and she couldn't wait to help others unless it's on there recess

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They pick and choose who they want to help or not , lots of favorite going on

I love Woodlawn and more importantly my son LOVES Woodlawn. It really hurts to hear such bad things being said here and else where about our beloved school. We are a working class community that has really come together because of our love for the children, all of them! We are the only public school in all of Portland that serves our SPED community K-8th! We are a growing vibrant community! We are W-O-O-D-L-A-W-N!

not happy with the leadership there and the special educations services there are a JOKE !

Both of my kids went to this school for about a year. They tell me that the students and the teachers were really mean. Not good feedback from my kids on this school, and it saddens me that I had them at a school where both the students and teachers were mean to them.

My daughter is in Kindergarten and she is experiencing a wonderful 1st year in elementary school. I also volunteer 2 hours during the day everyday, and 2 hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the evenings. I believe parent involvement makes the school what it is.

My son just started Pre-K at Woodlawn and loves it. The teacher is great and very experienced. The students are bright and cheerful, and best of all, parents seem very involved. The school is well organized, and staff are present everywhere. Even in the morning before classrooms open, staff are available and working with kids on the playground, which is GREAT to see.

Last modified Woodlawn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.