Bad
Good

Couldn't be happier or more grateful to the staff and teachers at FHS. Their AP program is soaring with student participation, thanks to Susie Bartley and others. Graduation rates get better every year, due to the passion and enthusiasm the teachers pass on. Our child was involved in many, many activities, scholastic, athletic, leadership, etc and has emerged with a great scholarship at an acclaimed university. The climate at FHS fosters and encourages growth, learning and participation. PS. Even the athletics are improving. The previously mentioned Volleyball coach is gone and coaching in all sports is getting better. The cross-country running program is among the best in the conference.

My student has really blossomed at Franklin. He was a tag student at his middle school, and mostly into academics. At FHS he got a chance to run cross country, try the school paper, and get into lots of other extra-curricular activities. He also took AP classes nearly every year. FHS has a good, diverse student body and lots of chances to get involved.

This is absolutely the best school ever! It is so easy to make friends here, teachers and students are so kind. I have learned so much at this school and I love it!

Everyone is super friendly, the teachers, the students.... everyone. We have a wide variety of classes and it is just awesome. The best school I've ever gone to- but we're really short on money.

Franklin has a lot of advanced placement courses which means advanced students can be challenged and have the opportunity to earn college credit while still in high school. The Franklin administration is excellent; caring, smart, dynamic. Franklin was awarded a 2.5 million dollar grant (over 5 years) from the Gates Foundation in 2007 which allows funds for many activities not found in other Portland public high schools.

I Graduated from Franklin a few years back and absolutly enjoyed it. The teachers I had we're wonderful and I never had any sort of encounters with fighting, the students stayed in their groups and the sports we're great...Highly recommended!!

As a graduate of FHS, I find that this school gave me tons of experience I could take into the real world. Now coaching back at the school, I can really see how special and amazing this school is. The coaches, teachers and staff really do care about the students to attend this school. I know the funding is low, but that makes it even more fun to find ways to earn money for programs. I am very grateful to have graduated from FHS. I hope this school continues to grow and become an even better school to go to.

Last modified Franklin High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.