Posted September 20, 2014
This school a disaster. There are only 8 AP classes, no electives for Freshmen and few engaging classes. The last two principals have cut programs and driven out good teachers. This school was a nightmare for me. Although not special ed, I had asperger's syndrome. I was bullied and the administration did nothing. I had to go work it out myself. After two years, I had had enough and I transferred out, which took three weeks. This school is only good if you are in JMP or ACESS since they are magnet programs with some extra programs. Contrary to the review bellow, this is not a good school for college bound middle class white students-many have fled to privet school, and a few have used false addresses to go to Cleveland or Lincoln. What I find pretty ironic is the principal cut AP classes in the name of helping lower performing students, yet special ed is also cut here. Things are clearly not working yet the district and school administration continue on the same path.

Posted June 17, 2014
My children attended this school. It was dreadful for both of them. Most of the teachers (with a few notable and admirable exceptions) passed my older child with "A"s rather than actually requiring her to learn anything. She was in the National Honor Society, but was not able to actually pass a community college placement exam. Wow. My younger child was bullied by a teacher - to the point of coming home crying on multiple days. (I was informed by the principal that it was my disabled child's fault, and that none of the bullying ever happened.) Grant never offered any basic math courses the entire time my children were there, which I'm pretty sure isn't legal. We finally decided it was cheaper to move than to sue the school district. I think we weren't the only ones with issues. My husband overheard some teachers trashing a parent with a special needs kid, and saying things like "It's not our fault the kid is stupid." Not a great orientation toward teaching. If your kid is middle-class, college-bound white bread with absolutely no challenges of any kind, this might be an okay school for you. If not - leave Portland... now.

Posted March 10, 2010
Totally awesome! My kids love this school, and I went there when I was a teen myself.

Grant High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
This school has great kids, dedicated teachers, caring parents and a great attitude!

Grant High School 4

Posted September 16, 2009
Grant boasts a highly dedicated principal, with exceptional teachers and councelors. It includes a great deal of diversity within its' student body, while exhibiting a superb level of cooperation, support, and spirit.

Posted September 15, 2009
Constitution team rocks - this school is warm and frinedly without losing academics

Posted March 12, 2009

Posted March 30, 2008

Posted March 03, 2008
I'm a sophomore at Grant and I absolutely love it! The teachers are really great, and the other students are diverse and open minded. Great experience. Great school.

Posted January 08, 2008

Grant High School
2245 NE 36th Ave, Portland, OR  97212
Last modified Grant High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grant High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top