Posted October 14, 2010
This is an excellent school. I graduated from jeff in 2008! I came from a catholic high school previous to my year at jeff. I could no longer afford my education and was told to attend my neighborhood school. I was very scared at first because of the rumors I heard. But jefferson was actually a great school and I am a proud demo alumini

Jefferson High School 1

Posted April 20, 2010

Jefferson High School 5

Posted October 03, 2009
Jefferson is an inner city high school that is trying hard to reclaim its former glory days. They have a great partnership with a local non-profit theater group, Stumptown Stages, which involves the acclaimed Jefferson Dancers, and gives the kids opportunities to learn from and work with professionals to put on fabulous shows like The Wiz and A Chorus Line. They truly need and deserve financial help because their parent base is not at all affluent.

Posted August 10, 2005
- a former student
As a proud alumni of JHS I have to contribute much of my educational success to JHS staff and faculty. The media portrays JHS for waht it is because we live in a racist society who believes that whenever you have more brown/dark skinned students in any part of an inner city within the US the school must be bad. Studets from Jeff go to be lawyers, doctors, teachers, politicians, and so much more. I enjoyed being in the Health Science Biotechnolosy Program. My sister was in the business program. There are so many great programs for studnets to select from. I will ALWAYS support Jefferson High School. the school will live on in my heart for as long as God permits me to breath. Don't believe all you hear. The media is bias. Through adversities like racism and budget cuts we continue to rise. Demo pride and love FOREVER!

Posted July 27, 2005
I will be a senior a Jefferson High School in the fall of 2005. Jefferson and the community as a whole has grown me into being a bright, risk-taker and extermely smart student. Jefferson is a dazzling school that gets recognize for the negative aspect instead the positive things that they offer like a quality education. Many schools have downfalls but their is always good that over shines the errors. From attending Jefferson I have learn to overvcome obstacles that may be place upon you. So I challenge anyone that may believe the media that Jefferson is a 'bad school thats only good for sports' to visit for a day and speak to one of the many gifted students at Jefferson and then you judge. As a little girl I always taught ' you can't judge a book by its cover'.

Jefferson High School 2

Jefferson High School 3

Posted December 27, 2004

Jefferson High School 2

Posted November 30, 2004
Also the parents needs to be more involve because they don't care...All they are good at are athletics! Wow...make the NBA/NFL, so what?

Jefferson High School 5

Posted August 26, 2003
- a former student

Jefferson High School
5210 North Kerby Ave, Portland, OR  97217
Last modified Jefferson High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top