Lincoln High School 3

Posted March 10, 2014
After my first year at Lincoln high, I have discovered that teachers are very hands-off and classes are difficult. There are no AP classes but there is an abundance of IB classes; going for the IB diploma is near impossible. The students are very egotistical and remain in cliques. I am getting a good education, however the stress of the classes, snooty students, cliques, and teachers with loss of passion-has left me to attend Wilson High. Lincoln does have its pros such as the open campus, large cultural diversity, and free periods. Nobody dares to ridicule someone who is gay/lesbian or white/black/Asian ect: but if someone dresses not "Portland" like: people mock. There is very little parking so everyone takes Public transportation. The nearest bus stop is 2 miles away from my house and the only way to walk to it is by walking alongside a major road. The school is currently 160% over-populated. Nobody eats in the cafeteria since it is small; most people eat in the halls and bring lawn chairs. (only the juniors and seniors bring lawn chairs and sophomores and freshman do not, it's an unspoken rule). It is inconvenient and I just walk to the food carts or subway for lunch instead.

Lincoln High School 4

Posted May 16, 2013
I am an alum from Class of 1996 who completed the full-International Baccalaureate program at Lincoln. The teachers were great, the work was engaging, and I thought the school did a good job having a variety of extra-curriculars to join. A lot of my classes were structured based on the IB-curriculum (which involved extensive writing) so I am biased in that way. Instead of just memorizing multiple-choice answers, the program develops critical thinking and explores ways of thinking and of creating techniques to analyze works. It was a solid foundation and prepared me well for the ivy leave college I went on to after graduating.

Lincoln High School 1

Posted February 10, 2011
My son transferred from Wilson High School to Lincoln High School for his sophomore year and was back at Wilson the next year. The staff at Lincoln was not the same as Wilsons. The teachers at Lincoln obviously only care about their IB students and are stuck up and very bureaucratic. I felt like Lincoln did not care about my son and were honestly quite mean to him at times. He couldn't even talk to his guidance councilor without feeling ridiculed for not liking it there. I would not recomend this school to anyone.

Posted October 02, 2009
I am currently a freshman at Lincoln, and even though it's only been only 4 weeks, it's an outstanding school! There's so positive feedback about this school. Every single teacher in this school are very generous, the sports and after-school clubs are amazing, and there are like, absolutely no clique or bully problems AT ALL! Every student in this school are very nice and like to kid around with you. Even though the class sizes are HUGE (for example, 25-40 kids a class, 50-60 kids in a PE class, and about 75 in the Concert Band class), LHS still has great education and helps the kids grow into mini adults. The after-school clubs are so fun. Also, Lincoln offers off campus lunch, and there are tons of places to go to, including Starbucks, McDonald's, and many other places. I highly recommend this school to anybody who can go. Go Cardinals!!!!!!!!!!

Posted September 30, 2009
Provides a top-notch education and has a special learning environment

Posted July 06, 2009
I absolutely love this school. Great education, lots of fun extracurricular activities (such as sports and after-school clubs), and very nice kids with not that many cliques around the school. The IB Program is excellent. This school helped me turn into a young adult, and helped the other kids as well. This is just the best school ever.

Lincoln High School 1

Posted January 31, 2009

Lincoln High School 0

Posted September 26, 2008
As a graduate, I can directly trace my academic success to the quality of the education received at Lincoln. Ira Wallis

Posted September 22, 2008
great school with a good balance. Academics and athletics are both heavily emphasized in this school and Lincoln is strong in both areas. They are an internationally recognized school. The school does not have big clique problems like other schools. They have enough students to get the high school experience, but also has a small population so everyone knows each other.

Posted June 26, 2007

Lincoln High School
1600 SW Salmon St, Portland, OR  97205
Last modified Lincoln High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.