Posted April 20, 2013
I know that this is an amazing school and it has many great teachers! I luv Jackson!

Jackson Middle School 3

Posted August 22, 2011
Teacher quality is uneven - there are quite a few amazing teachers, while others are sub-par. The current principal is a difficult and unpleasant person with whom to work - he does not listen to parents, bristles at constructive criticism, and seems unable to find creative solutions. (Note that reviews before 2008 describe a school under a different - and wonderful - principal.) Despite all of this, the school community is a good one, with strong parent involvement, an excellent guidance counselor, and apparent overall student satisfaction.

Jackson Middle School 1

Posted October 20, 2010
This only thing this school has done for my child is teach her to dislike learning. The teachers are stressed and mean to the students. The principal is inept and his judgment is poor. This school bills itself as an "artful learning" school but doesn't offer art. Students have fled band because the band instructor the kids loved didn't have seniority. This school is barely lackluster and cronyism is rampant among the administrators and teachers. Avoid this school if you are able.

Jackson Middle School 4

Posted June 28, 2010
I think Jackson was a really great school to go to all though-out 6th-8th grade. I was really glad to get the experience of being able to have as much arts as Jackson does, even if I wasn't chosen to be a mural student. It was really great even if I had to deal with the school councilor's grouchy mood for the 2nd half of the year. I'm glad to say that I went to Jackson before going off to Wilson :D

Posted February 03, 2010
I believe JMS is a school that encourages creativity and strives to support those from all walks of life. I am positive that the school administration is doing a great and phenomenal job, keeping JMS students safe, happy, and prepared for their future lifelong learning.

Jackson Middle School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Their 7th grade teachers are the best!

Posted August 31, 2009
This school is the best! i love going to school there! all the teachers are great and they have this thing called cultural day it is so cool!

Jackson Middle School 1

Posted April 13, 2009

Posted April 09, 2009
I LOVE JMS!! Im is 6th grade now and I love it!!! the teachers are sooo cool! our school is so beautiful with all the murals on the walls, and we get the coolest electives. i would hate to leave!! i would cry so much!!

Jackson Middle School 4

Posted April 08, 2009

Jackson Middle School
10625 SW 35th, Portland, OR  97219
Last modified Jackson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jackson Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top