Redmond, OR

Posted August 04, 2013
Great, marvellous, and Professional staff at John Tuck. There's no Parallel to their service And dedication to Education!!!

John Tuck Elementary School 2

Posted March 16, 2013
I find it interesting that the last few positive reviews were written in within a week of each other. This school is struggling with a lot of parents who do not care about their kids education. Our son last year had 5 of his classmates already on education plans in kindergarten . We moved him to another school that doesn't have as many troubled kids. We are thankful everyday that we moved him

Posted March 04, 2013
Our family has been at John Tuck Elementary since Fall 2004. We have 2 boys and my youngest is in 5th grade there this year. We LOVE the John Tuck staff and principal. My husband and I have been very involved in the school every year and really enjoy working each of the staff members that we have been able to work with. Our boys have had great experiences at Tuck. The teachers have all been wonderful. It is a family oriented school and a loving environment. Family is very important to the staff at John Tuck. Everyone is very caring. I can't say enough wonderful things about this school.

Posted February 26, 2013
I have six years experience with John Tuck Elementary. Having two children who attend, I have had the pleasure of knowing all nine of the teachers they have had over the years. Each teacher offering a unique and exciting way of learning. I have been actively involved in my children's education and know the school staff quite well. The staff and teachers make your child's education and safety a top priority, while maintaining an interesting and enriching environment to help kids thrive. Thank you and keep up the good work!

Posted February 26, 2013
All 4 of my children have attended John Tuck Elementary. I am so pleased with the school and it's staff. I have been on the PTO board and a constant volunteer. I have seen many amazing teachers and have seen the care, love, and time they put into teaching these children, as well as my own. The school has been recently remodeled and updated. It is a beautiful and very well kept building. The principal is kind, and thoughtful. I love to watch the kids come running to greet him. They think he is great! He has always addressed any concerns with much thought and consideration. I my opinion he is always fair. If you are moving to the area or looking to change schools, John Tuck is the way to go! I love this school!

Posted February 26, 2013
I Love John Tuck! I have two students currently enrolled and four years of experience at the school. We have found the staff to be welcoming and helpful and the teachers qualified as well as interested in the success of my children. My children are happy and typically perform above average on state tests. We have also been satisfied with the response from the principal Mr. Purdue with any issues we have encountered. I feel my children are becoming well rounded people attending John Tuck.

John Tuck Elementary School 4

Posted February 26, 2013
I love John Tuck, I went there as a child, my younger siblings, and now my kids. The building has had a wonderful makeover so its less of a dump, but it still shows its age. But appearances are deceiving because it is staffed with amazing teachers and support staff. The only reason I left one star off is because I think Oregon State curriculum is a bit laxed, not really the schools fault, but it still factors in. I feel that my kids are loved and cared for which at an elementary level is very important.

Posted February 25, 2013
Both of my children have attended John Tuck K-5. This is a great school! The office staff, the pricipal and the teachers are very caring and giving people. Both of my children have had nothing but good experiences at John Tuck. I believe children need to be held accountable for poor choices and good choices celebrated, both of these things happen at John Tuck. Education is important to me and my children, it starts in th home and continues in the classroom, I have not been disappointed with any of the teachers at John Tuck. I think it is important to note that educators are human, they need positive support just as parents do. Education is a partnership between the school, the child and th parent. All parties involved must be accountable for their peice of the puzzle. For those parents talking about bullying, I think Its important to talk to your child, under stand all sides. What part did they have in the behavior? Bullying is something that can happen anywhere not just schools. Parents teach your children to be respectful and kind in all avenues of life. As I said before, I think John Tuck is a great school!

John Tuck Elementary School 1

Posted January 05, 2013
Bullying is a very big issue in this school with no real control. The principal is out of touch with what really happens in the school playground, and appears to not respond in a positive way to the child being bullied. Victims of bullies tend to get treated badly with retaliation for going to a teacher for help, being told they are "whiny", and then considered trouble makers themselves for attempting to ward off bully attacks, that occur to often in this school. The Redmond school district needs to take a closer look at why the victims of bullies become the aggressors, because their teachers, and principal, treat them that way. There are many new laws that have taken effect due to the rising rates of bullies, to protect the child being bullied, and to the principal and teachers responsibility to a safe environment for their students. Missing a recess because you physically attacked someone is not enough. It only makes a bully madder at his victim, and retaliation occurs under the principals watch. John Tuck's staff needs to be aware of CHAPTER 57 a revised act section 1, 2 and 3. Relating to hostile education environment, because this school is worse than they think.

John Tuck Elementary School 1

Posted October 09, 2012
Both of my boys went to school at John tuck, one was in kindergarten and the other was a first grader here. I hated every minute sending them to this school. My youngest son has super bad asthma and pnomnia and ended up missing so much school. His teacher didn't send anythng home for us to be practicing or make up work. For this reason he fell very far behind and they passed him anyways. And not to mention the principle there is just incompatent and doesn't know how to do his job at all. This school has the potential to excell if they had a better principle and a better teaching staff

John Tuck Elementary School
209 NW 10th St, Redmond, OR  97756
Last modified John Tuck Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Tuck Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top