Roseburg, OR

Rose Elementary School 2

Posted May 30, 2014
This school has been closed due to budget cuts and declining student enrollment throughout the district.

Rose Elementary School 0

Posted September 03, 2009
I have two children attending school in Rose Elementary. My children enjoy the school, love the teachers, staff and the principle is awesome rolemodel for the children. These adults have golden heart, they are there for the children. Couln't ask for more!

Rose Elementary School 5

Posted January 29, 2009
My Grandson attends kindergarten at Rose Elementary and truly enjoys it. He has excelled in both reading and math, which may be contributed to a smaller class along with parental involvement. It makes me sad so many parents transfer their children to a 'classier' school, simply because they feel it will be better for the child. Maybe if more people would remain in their designated schools, everyone would find the balance they seem to be looking for.

Rose Elementary School 0

Posted September 10, 2008
This is the poorest school in the district, but these teachers have a lot of heart. They are not teaching at Rose because it's the best teaching opportunity, they are teaching there because they are invested in these kids. I wish this school was more balanced-that it had more parents that were involved in their children's education and well being. I wish there were more kids that were leaders and set the bar higher for the other kids. I wish parents who lived in the boundaries didn't transfer their kids to 'nicer' schools with 'nicer' children. Yes-it's a poor school, but don't discount the great staff. Last year my son had the opportunity to be in Ms. Shaklee's class. What a dedicated, loving teacher with a lot of passion for what she is teaching and who she is teaching. She is just one of many great teachers at Rose...

Rose Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2008
In our blended family which consists of 7 children - all of them attend Rose Elementary. Many of them have been there from Kindergarten on. I have seen two Principals...one being not so great...and now - one who has done an excellent job and has a definite heart for his students. 4 of my children have followed in succession with their teachers...they kept this continuity going because they had built a rapore with myself and my kids over the years. I have had nothing but a positive experience with this school. They are awesome with all their kids and treat them as individuals and with respect. For being the poorest school in the district and this school district being the poorest in the state - They do a wonderful job - even against the odds! Go WILDCATS! ~Don Marasse~

Rose Elementary School 3

Posted February 03, 2008

Rose Elementary School 1

Posted November 05, 2007
I am very disappointed in how things r taken care of by teachers & staff.I dont believe they are being taught enough things.Kids get so bored and seem to get in trouble more often.Not enough time in lunch room to eat, kindergarden kids get 20 minutes from the time they leave their classroom, to the time they r told to put their lunch in the trash. I was told they could eat at home and they dont have to eat at the school.I sat in the room and watched what they do in the classroom,they have to much time on their hands doing nothing and the kids are very bored.Bored kids means alot of trouble.We have had some experiences here at this school,and daughter decided to change schools to meet her son needs.

Rose Elementary School
948 SE Roberts Ave, Roseburg, OR  97470
Last modified Rose Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rose Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top